Ring Node Server Install error:

Jim P
Go to solution Solved by bmercier,

I tried again this may be usefull ...

PG3x Version 3.2.1
Frontend Version: 3.2.1
IoX Version: 5.6.4   Connected
Uptime: 2 Hour(s) 18 Minute(s) 31 Second(s)
(c) 2023 UDI
Getting Started

8/17/2023, 17:24:21 [pg3] info: [00:0d:b9:59:3a:d0_4] :: Creating Nodeserver 'Ring'
8/17/2023, 17:24:21 [pg3] warn: Store entry for devMode is invalid: null
8/17/2023, 17:24:21 [pg3] error: createNS: SqliteError: table nodeserver has no column named requestId
    at Database.prepare (/var/polyglot/node_modules/better-sqlite3/lib/methods/wrappers.js:5:21)
    at Object.add (/var/polyglot/node_modules/@universaldevices/pg3x/lib/models/nodeserver.js:287:6)
    at Object.createNs (/var/polyglot/node_modules/@universaldevices/pg3x/lib/services/nodeservers.js:177:16)
    at process.processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:95:5)

Edited by Jim P

@Jim P do you have remote connection enabled on the UD Portal?

Requirements from the Node Server:

• PG3 Remote connection must be enabled and active
    • Settings are in Portal under Select Tools | Maintenance | PG3 Remote connection

After you updated to 3.2.1 did you run the system "Re-install all node servers"? I know you can't get this one installed, but making sure you got the others installed to get the UDI Python interface updated that's a necessary path. Not sure if that's something too, but just wanting to make sure that part has been completed successfully. 

In the meantime, could you also try to install a free node server to see that it installs correctly? Maybe something like Ping...just a random one. Can be removed if it installs correctly if you don't want/need it. Or any other free one just to try to make sure something installs.

• Solution
3 hours ago, Jim P said:

I tried ping and the install failed as before.

Is there a way to clear everything and simply start over ? 

I only have two node servers installed and it would not be a big deal to start from scratch.

Hi Jim,

Found the problem. This is not specific to Ring. There will be a fix in PG3x 3.2.2. Look for a release later today.

Thanks for reporting this.

Benoit

• Thanks 1