Alexa not seeing ISY Motion Sensor status changes

My motion sensors are seen in the portal and show up in Alexa, but the status changes are not seen. I just went out the front door and the lights came on, so I know the motion sensor is working and the ISY is seeing the event, but when I check Alexa it says there has been no activity for several days. All of the motion sensors are like this, and it's not a new problem.

Any ideas?

17 hours ago, Bill Morrow said:

All of the motion sensors are like this, and it's not a new problem.

I don't use motion sensors so don't have any ideas that might "help", but I have to ask...do you expect to see something report back to Alexa?

What kind of motion sensors are you using? And why do you care if Alexa keeps activity (a log?) of motion? What's the reason for that?

I do use Alexa, but never go check the app to see activity or status of devices. Help us understand what you're expecting/needing for us to figure out if what your observing is expected behavior. 

If the motion sensor is working (as expected to turn lights on) what are you looking for within Alexa? 

Unless you have Alexa triggering a device or routine when the motion sensor triggers I don't see any reason to even expose that device to Alexa. As you say the ISY is seeing the event and triggering as expected.

15 hours ago, Bill Morrow said:

Because, it doesn't trigger the Alexa routine if the event doesn't fire.

Why not have the ISY trigger whatever you're trying to trigger with Alexa. Has it ever worked? Perhaps motion event status isn't being sent to Alexa now. Seems like something @bmercier could help with or else open a support ticket to see if what you're experiencing is normal or if something needs to be altered to pass the motion sensor status to Alexa. 

Still haven't told us what kind of motion sensor you're using. Perhaps others here have experienced with similar devices and can help.

I'm using Optex LX402 sensors with a Smartenit EZIO-8 to send signals to my ISY. I was originally using a Raspberry Pi and HiFi Berry as my voice announcement system via network resources. But the entire Pi/Berry died once and restoring the image didn't resurrect it this time. I I didn't feel like shelling out for a new Pi/ Berry again, so I switched to Alexa a while back. This worked more or less OK in the beginning, but has pretty much stopped working now. 

I know the hardware is working, as the motion sensors are still controlling my lights. I checked my motion sensors in the portal and Alexa sees them, they also appear in my Alexa App. I can also still control the lights using Alexa voice commands, although she can be a little slow at times.

1 hour ago, Bill Morrow said:

It actually spoke once today. Wow 

Have you guys been praying for Alexa? LOL.

My Alexa boxes will still report news information, they stole from the news networks. in Canada, yet. :):):)

Try disabling and then re-enabling your Routines in Alexa. Amazon boxes seem to do this about once every two years and they will never admit they found a problem after it starts again. I went about 4-5 months once and they finally started to work again. At time a software or firmware update will diable all your routines.

Another thing that happens is you disable all your devices in the Portal for more than a few seconds, Alexa app will delete or disable all your routine connections to devices that didn't exist at that time.

Edited by larryllix

Disabling the routines got at least one sensor working, but I'm not sure on how many devices.

Another sensor says it's been active for 21 hours, maybe it's got a resident spider. The damn thing is only 22 years old, what happened to quality? LOL. I do have spares, since the sun is hard on the plastic mounts.

The next issue is one AirThings thermometer works and the other does not. It had a name conflict, but renaming it and re-enabling it did not help.

4 hours ago, Bill Morrow said:

Disabling the routines got at least one sensor working, but I'm not sure on how many devices.

Another sensor says it's been active for 21 hours, maybe it's got a resident spider. The damn thing is only 22 years old, what happened to quality? LOL. I do have spares, since the sun is hard on the plastic mounts.

The next issue is one AirThings thermometer works and the other does not. It had a name conflict, but renaming it and re-enabling it did not help.

Are your MSes data traveling via Alexa to get into your ISY box, and...
Are you not using pseudo variables to emulate pseudo MSes in the alexa app via the ISY portal?
That is the way I have my data paths arranged so my comments may have been mute for your case.