Philips Hue support dead now with IoX?

macbannai
Go to solution Solved by Geddy,

Hi@Geddyever since I upgraded to Polyglot 3x, my node server no longer is able to see the Hue devices other than it connecting to the bridge.  Since that upgrade it's been unable to go further, my understanding was that an updated node server version hasn't been developed for PG3 yet.  As you can see, I've even posted in that channel where you shared the link and there have been no responses.  How are you using the node server to populate the lights into the admin console?

Edited by macbannai

@macbannai it's been a while since I set it up and I'm not local so cannot check current configuration. I did see your post in the hue forum (earlier). 

I think my suggestion would be to remove the current installment you have and then reinstall. I know there were some issues early on, but I think that was both early eisy PG3x version and IoX issues that have since been resolved. 

The main issue is timing the start up of the node server and pressing the button on the hue bridge. It's not too time sensitive, but you need to make sure the node server is fully running before you hit the bridge button. 

I know since I had the bridge installed in PG2 and had not had an IP reservation for the hue bridge when I went to eisy & PG3x the IP changed and I had to add the configuration to look specifically for the new IP address. I've since had the IP address reserved in the router I use and haven't had an issue that I can recall. 

In one of your posts on the hue area you said:

On 6/6/2023 at 11:28 PM, macbannai said:

ERROR    hue:connect: IP Address OK. Node Server not registered.

I'm not sure how/why you would get that error. That might be something UDI would need to check for through a support ticket. But otherwise, make sure the eisy is registered to your portal account. If you remove the node server and install again perhaps it would register correctly now.

What version IoX and PG3x are you running currently?

I know I'm currently on IoX 5.6.4 and PG3x 3.2.2, but I've been running the hue node server since probably February or March without issue. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, macbannai said:

Hi@Geddyever since I upgraded to Polyglot 3x, my node server no longer is able to see the Hue devices other than it connecting to the bridge.  Since that upgrade it's been unable to go further, my understanding was that an updated node server version hasn't been developed for PG3 yet.  As you can see, I've even posted in that channel where you shared the link and there have been no responses.  How are you using the node server to populate the lights into the admin console?

I have had no problem with Hue NS and PGX.  I am running version 0.1.11

The custom config has: bridges    ["192.168.68.74"]

I can't remember if the first time I had to press the bridge button.  I also use resources to directly get to the Hues. But in My Lighting, I can control them via the NS. 

• Like 1

I can certainly try re-installing the nodeserver again.  I have had the IP reservation in place since PG2 and using the same key variable "bridges" to map it to the reserved IP.  However, the only thing that changed from the PG2 to PG3 version is that I can no longer add the configuration variables for login and password into the nodeserver config so that it can authenticate to the Hue hub (see PG2 config attached).  My PG3 version is also 3.2.2

Aug 22 Ver.png

hue config.png

Edited by macbannai