Reverse Zmatter migration

ewind
Go to solution Solved by bob123,

I accidentally migrated zwave integrated in ISY994 to zmatter before attempting to migrate to EISY. I have since been through numerous troubleshooting sessions with UDI. I now have EISY and new USB PLM working with all Insteon devices but the EISY is still stuck with a zmatter not responding state. I attempted to restore old ISY backups before any zmatter migration would have happened with no luck. Unchecked zwave support and rebooted Polisy several times. Any other options to remove zmatter from EISY conifg so the USB Zooz stick will work??

yes i tried each of the commands.

1. http://<your_polisy>:8080/rest/zmatter/zwave/port/name/override/clear

I get

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

<RestResponse succeeded="true">

<status>200</status>

</RestResponse>

@awind

Based on your first post, I was under the impression you had an eisy with the Zmatter board, but you also mention Polisy and the Zooz dongle. Can you clarify what hardware you have.

Did you check, and save, the Zwave Support box in the configuration tab?  If, so and you're still having issues, then the problem is most likely with the Zooz 700 Zwave dongle (ZST10). 

How Do I Perform a Reset on My ZST10 & ZST10 700 Stick? - Zooz Support Center (getzooz.com)

I do not nor ever had a zmatter board. I started with polisy and zooz. Multiple troubleshooting events with UDI to get PLM working, shipped polisy back and forth to have factory reset, changed cables etc.....I finally have polisy working with new USB PLM but zmatter is stuck in configuration. I have polisy, USB PLM and Zoos USB. Migrating from ISY994, Serial PLM and embedded zwave. I do not know how the zmatter was introduced other than myself following migration steps and may have taken zmatter steps accidentally. 

If the Zwave support box is checked in the configuration tab, then It's probably best to submit a support ticket. 

There's a remote possibility thar the current Polisy firmware doesn't support the Zooz 700., or that a Polisy configuration file got corrupted.

• Solution

See my thread from a few weeks ago.  My issue was very similar - I was going from isy to polisy.

The last response in the thread is the solution I used that worked perfectly.   Not sure if eisy supports the zooz stick or only zmatter, but worth a shot.  Polisy supports both.

• Like 1

Thanks for the insights @bob123 that appears to have worked. I power cycled polisy without zooz stick in USB, inserted zooz, power cycled again and have the zwave menu back. z-wave version + Library z-wave version. Unfortunately all nodes are gone so It look like a z-wave rebuild :( I'll start reading to figure that out

Great news (except for the zwave rebuild). 

I did the full rebuild which was pretty straightforward. I had only door locks and repeaters- had to exclude each one and then include. Had to uninstall the door locks to bring them close to the zooz stick so that process would work.

I then had to edit each program fixing the zwave device name - some were commented out and some were incorrect.  

pretty painless except removing the physical locks from the doors. 

thanks bob123, that's what I thought. Since there is nothing to exclude / include I am resetting each repeater and sensor then readding to zwave network then I'll rebuild ~20 programs :(

This has been a painful migration experience overall but on the bright side I have a backup ISY994 with most of the right settings if the polisy dies :-D