eisy setup not happening. So frustrated

nowandthen

Setting up a new eisy. Had isy994 at old house left it behind. Had UD mobile. I deleted and re-downloaded the app.

Plugged eisy into my router via network cable. eisy shows up in my router. Set fixed IP, not that it matters. Router rebooted.

I unplugged the eisy and plugged it back in. App wants to know what device I have. I selected eisy.

App wants to know "How will your system connect to the internet?" I selected Wired. App says ( my wording) connect Ethernet cable, power on system, then scan the QR code on the bottom of the eisy. When I press Scan, it almost immediately returns to what system do you have. By the time I typed this, the QR scan held and I scanned the QR code.

Now it's "Looking for Systems". It timed out, wants me to close the window and try again. UGGGHHH!!!

Now it wants credentials, Local IP address I get.

Local port, I do not.

This system will never be main stream when it takes a computer Whizz to set it up. I understand some of this stuff but why is this so hard? Why do I have to come here for help getting this up and running?

Please help!

There seems to be a delay with every step off the install. After typing the above, I hit a button on the app, don't recall exactly what it offered, but it retried and found the device.

Perhaps a message that you may need to wait 1-2 minutes then retry each step. My internet is not slow.

Next gripe: "Do you want to enable the 30 day ISY portal free trial?" I do not but the only option is to "Start Trial". ??? Now it's configuring remote access which I do not want. I do not want devices going out on the internet on their own. UGGGHHH!

Dang!

My frustration is showing. :)

The UDI team is so used to their programming, that they don't understand that someone completely new does not have their level of programming, and system functions. Please work on the setup interface so it is more user friendly.

Thanks for listening to my gripes. I hope I am now on my way to re-setting up an eISY/Insteon system.

3 hours ago, nowandthen said:

My frustration is showing. :)

The UDI team is so used to their programming, that they don't understand that someone completely new does not have their level of programming, and system functions. Please work on the setup interface so it is more user friendly.

Since you are using UD Mobile for the setup, have you tried reading the instructions?

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=UD_Mobile