Bond Node Server Assistance

jpoje
Go to solution Solved by Goose66,

I just migrated to EISY and new to PG3. I have purchased the Bond Node Server and believe I followed all instructions for setup (see below). While the Bond is showing in EISY, I am unable to discover any nodes from the Bond. What am I doing wrong, or what steps did I miss setting this up.

I appreciate any assistance or suggestions!

bond.jpg

The Discovery no longer works on PG3 or PG3x. UDI added the Zeroconf package (aka "Bonjour") into the standard build and starts it with the Polisy/eISY firmware in order to get it to respond to polisy.local. The downside of that is the node server can no longer start it's own Zeroconf listener for device discovery. There is a feature added to some version of PG3x that allows the node server to do discovery through PG3x, but I don't know what version that is and how widespread it is, so I haven't changed the code yet.

In the meantime, just add the "hostname" Custom Configuration Parameter with the hostname or IP address of your Bond bridge, and the "token" Custom Configuration Parameter with the token value from the Bond app, and then the Discovery process will locate the bridge and create nodes for all of the devices. If you have multiple Bond bridges or SBB devices, you can add values for each of them to the respective "hostname" and "token" Custom Configuration Parameters separated by semicolons. Just make sure the hostnames and tokens are listed in the same order.:)

Token and ip address (see photo, is this correct)? I have done a reboot on EISY, restart on Bond device, restart, discover in PG3 (shows 0 nodes). I retrieved the Bond's IP address from my wifi router and token from inside the Bond app on my Iphone. I have several fans, gate and fireplace setup in the bond.

bond.jpg

bond2.jpg

Edited by jpoje

I'm sorry, is it possible to provide a screen shot or example of exactly what that means, as I am not a programmer or technical person? I have the IP address and token from the bond app. Parameter, hostname, value token string is greek to me and not sure how to format that or where to type it.

I most appreciate any additional assistance, examples, screenshots, you are able to provide to get me started. Thank you.

• Solution
44 minutes ago, jpoje said:

Parameter, hostname, value token string is greek to me and not sure how to format that or where to type it.

Here are the current instructions and my settings:

image.thumb.png.a42126758349da287399cffeaef05d90.png

As you can see in the instructions, the "Custom Configuration Parameters" refers to the "Custom Configuration Parameters" section of the configuration page just below the instructions. Each Custom Configuration Parameter has a "Key" and a "Value." You need the two Custom Configuration Parameters shown: one with key "hostname" and a value of your IP address, and another with the key "token" and a value of the token string from your Bond bridge.

I know sometimes it's so clear  in our heads that it doesn't translate to others. If you can suggest better verbiage, I will consider upgrading the instructions.

• Thanks 1

No problem. Another thing that I have considered is adding all of these optional Custom Configuration Parameters with their keys and "placeholder" values when the node server is installed (like we all do for required parameters). That would probably clear up some confusion as well, but could make for very long list of Custom Configuration Parameters for some of my node servers.

I would have to add some code to accommodate both missing optional parameters and optional parameters that are present but with placeholder values (and maybe blanks), but the code wouldn't be hard. I will add a TODO for this node server  to look into this for a future release.

• Thanks 1

I probably wouldn't have figured it out anyway without the screenshot lol 🤔. The Bond Node server will be a most useful addition to my home automation as it will allow me to add those remote controlled items into my existing programs (and remove them from my Alexa routines).

Thanks again!

FYI

I have a hardwire network where my eISY sits, but my BOND controller is on the wifi side of my network.   My network is behind a firewall/router which connects to the WAN.

eISY 192.168.1.106 (hardwire)

Wifi Router 192.168.1.6 (hardwire)

BOND 192.168.86.85 (wireless)

I punched a hole though the wifi router so I can access my BOND from the hardwired side setting up port 192.168.1.6 -> 8085 to map to port 192.168.86.85 -> 80 on the wireless side

https://192.168.1.6:8085

For anybody else you can put a PORT number on the host name to get thru your wifi router :-)