Request for features added to the RIO protocol

garybixler

party mode was implemented so I'll have to check to see if I can figure out what's wrong.  I don't recall seeing an all zone on/off command, do you know if that exists or will the node server need to turn all zones on or off individually?

I have tested these commands in Network Resources for all ON/OFF and Volume UP/DOWN.

EVENT C[1].Z[1]!AllOn \r

EVENT C[1].Z[1]!AllOff \r

Also it would be nice to be able to raise and lower the volume.

EVENT C[1].Z[${var.1.6}]!KeyPress VolumeDown \r

EVENT C[1].Z[${var.1.6}]!KeyPress VolumeUp \r

I used variable in the Vol UP/DOWN to limit repeated commands in Network Resources.

Thanks Gary

Edited by garybixler

I just finished implementing the AllOn and AllOff.

Have you, or can you also test PartyMode that way?  I double checked and it mostly looks right although it was spelled 'partyMode' in one place which I corrected incase case is important.  

EVENT C[1].Z[1]!PartyMode ON \r

I used this command to set Z3 as the master in partymode. All the zones turned on and followed what source is selected on zone 3. 

EVENT C[1].Z[3]!PartyMode master \r

This command turned party mode off. All the zones then turned off.

EVENT C[1].Z[3]!PartyMode off \r

When selecting party mode on a zone keypad the only choice was master unless party mode is already active then each zone can individually turn off party mode or become the master. I think On Off is to join or leave party mode.

Edited by garybixler

Louder / softer works well. I have the following as a screen in Favorites on UDmobile.

image.thumb.jpeg.e897fa781a4c42233a7bed3b5bfe885b.jpeg

The Softer / louder buttons tie to programs like this: 

Rus Bedroom Louder - [ID 0385][Parent 0377]

If
   - No Conditions - (To add one, press 'Schedule' or 'Condition')

Then
        $I_Rus_Bedroom_Volume  = 'RussoundCtl_1 / Bedroom Sound' Volume dB
        $I_Rus_Bedroom_Volume += 4
        Set 'RussoundCtl_1 / Bedroom Sound' Volume '$I_Rus_Bedroom_Volume Decibel'

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Just released version 2.1.7 to the store.  This has the all zones on/off, plus I added a number of keypad buttons to the zone nodes.

Party Mode appears to be implemented, but for some things there are multiple ways to do things so if it still doesn't work, first set debug level and capture a log after setting party mode so I can take a look at what it does. 

• Like 1

All seems to work except party mode. I captured the log when party mode was set to on. I think what may be missing is the master choice. On the keypad you click master to start party mode from that zone.  On other zones if party mode is active you can choose master or off. If a zone's party mode is already off you can then choose on to join party mode.

I think this should work. EVENT C[1].Z[3]!PartyMode master \r

Thanks Gary

2023-10-09 19:16:02,140 MQTT udi_interface.interface INFO interface:_message: Successfully set zone_2_8 :: ST to 1 UOM 25

2023-10-09 19:16:10,266 MQTT udi_interface.interface DEBUG interface:_message: QUEUING incoming message command

2023-10-09 19:16:10,266 Command udi_interface.interface DEBUG interface:_parseInput: DEQUEING command

2023-10-09 19:16:10,266 Command udi_interface DEBUG zone:process_cmd: ISY sent: {'address': 'zone_1_3', 'cmd': 'PARTY', 'value': '1', 'uom': '25', 'query': {}}

2023-10-09 19:16:10,266 Command udi_interface DEBUG russound_main:set_param: sending Zone:C[1].Z[3] level:1

2023-10-09 19:16:10,266 Command udi_interface DEBUG russound_main:Send: RIO: Sending b'EVENT C[1].Z[3]!PartyMode ON\r\n'

Edited by garybixler

Also if party mode was started on another zone the party mode off doesn't seem to work. This was the log.

023-10-09 20:05:12,207 MQTT udi_interface.interface DEBUG interface:_message: QUEUING incoming message command

2023-10-09 20:05:12,207 Command udi_interface.interface DEBUG interface:_parseInput: DEQUEING command

2023-10-09 20:05:12,208 Command udi_interface DEBUG zone:process_cmd: ISY sent: {'address': 'zone_1_3', 'cmd': 'PARTY', 'value': '0', 'uom': '25', 'query': {}}

2023-10-09 20:05:12,208 Command udi_interface DEBUG russound_main:set_param: sending Zone:C[1].Z[3] level:0

2023-10-09 20:05:12,208 Command udi_interface DEBUG russound_main:Send: RIO: Sending b'EVENT C[1].Z[3]!PartyMode OFF\r\n'

Edited by garybixler

I added the ability to set party mode to master so maybe that will help, but I'm at a lose as to why off wouldn't work.  It matches what's in the documentation.

The RNET documentation has a lot more detail than the RIO documentation.  It says

8.11 Party Mode
Party Mode is displayed on keypads as “On”, “Off”, or “Master”. Party Mode can be toggled to
“On” or “Master” with the Plus command. The Minus command will toggle Party Mode “Off”.
There can also be a discrete On, Off, or Master command sent.
8.11.1Party Mode On/Master/Off
NOTE: If Party Mode is Off, then “Plus” will issue a “Master” command. If a Zone is turned
on while the rest of the system has Party Mode On and a different Zone is the Master, then
“Plus” from a non-active Zone will issue an “On” command first and then a “Master”
command second. If Party Mode is On and a different Zone is Master, then “Plus” from an
active zone will issue a “Master” command. Minus will always issue an “Off” command.

All that stuff with plus/minus is just for control from a keypad, the node server is using the discrete on/off/master commands.

The RIO protocol uses events and it has this to say about party mode

Due to their stateful behavior, executing the same EVENT command can provide different resultant
values. For example, setting a controller/zone Party Mode to ‘ON’, when no Party is ongoing, will
result in setting that controller/zone to Party Mode ‘MASTER’ status, since Party Mode requires at
least one Master controller/zone.

The only other information the documentation provides is this:

PartyMode Master EVENT C[1].Z[1]!PartyMode Master
PartyMode Off EVENT C[1].Z[1]!PartyMode Off
PartyMode On EVENT C[1].Z[1]!PartyMode On

You've verified that other events are working from the node server?  Like volume up/down buttons, the all zone on/off events, and do not disturb.

I am finding that it does work. I needed to select off even though it showed off as selected before clicking Party Mode. So if I select On and click the Party Mode button it does go into party mode. Then selecting Off and clicking the PM button it will go off. 

Thanks so much for all the added features.
Gary

• Like 1