Ecobee heat/cool setpoint updates not working

Adam Ant
Go to solution Solved by Adam Ant,

Hello,

Is anyone having issues with making updates to Ecobee..  I am able to set the mode (off/heat/cool etc) but can not set the setpoint like below.  The log on the ecobee node server shows it received the update just fine but the change never takes place on the ecobee controller. I am running on PG3x. 

-----

Use this to test Copy - [ID 0036][Parent 00E3]

If
   - No Conditions - (To add one, press 'Schedule' or 'Condition')

Then
        Set 'Ecobee - Main Floor' Cool Setpoint 89°F

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

1 hour ago, bk503 said:

I use this NS to adjust the setpoint regularly with no issues. Check the configuration of the thermostat itself. Settings/Preferences, 89 may be outside the Cool Set Point Range.

I had used 89 for the last couple of years but it looks like it changed at some point.  Even though my range still goes up to 89 on the thermostat, it now only seems to allow 80 as the max.  Your suggestion got me looking in the right direction. Thanks!

Do you by chance use indefinite hold?   That quit working for me as well. 

In case anyone is wondering, i do this adjustment of a high temperature  when doors or windows are left open.  That way i am not trying to cool the outside.  :)

2 hours ago, Adam Ant said:

In case anyone is wondering, i do this adjustment of a high temperature  when doors or windows are left open.  That way i am not trying to cool the outside.  :)

I do something similar except that I switch to the "Away" setting when doors/windows are open. This way it works for Heat and AC.

51 minutes ago, dakall said:

I do something similar except that I switch to the "Away" setting when doors/windows are open. This way it works for Heat and AC.

Yeah, i considered that but my away temp settings weren't high/low enough for me.    Wanted to make sure it never came on.   Good approach though.. got me reconsidering...

1 hour ago, Adam Ant said:

Yeah, i considered that but my away temp settings weren't high/low enough for me.    Wanted to make sure it never came on.   Good approach though.. got me reconsidering...

Or just make another comfort setting for when doors/windows are open. It doesn't have to be a part of the schedule.

• Thanks 1