Smart home brain for an RV....

ralbright

What types of things are controlled in your smart home structure you wish to bring with you?

There's to groups of HA enthusiasts; part of the answer depends on which of those you see yourself in and what you are automating:

1. Hands off Automation - you want events to happen on their own by schedule and/or sensor
  2. Assistant Automation - you want to tell Alexa, google or your phone to turn something on and it turns devices on or does things.

Which of those 2 sounds like what you want to do?

If you're looking for the second type 2., that suggests you have relatively low latency internet available, regularly.

• Like 1

Thank you for the thought out statement. I have been a bit in both camps for years with my own house. (But now that I am selling it and moving into a fifth wheel I would like to bring part of that automation with me.)

Obviously there will be differences, as most of the automation will revolve around 12VDC devices vs 120VAC devices.

I will have relatively low latency internet available most places I go (I do have Starlink for the fifth wheel) as well as backup of cellular internet.

Just pondering if the eISY is a good platform for this. I have seen a lot of people that use Home Assistant for this type of automation, and I really do not want to give up the great platform that I have with UDI.