PG3 ELK Node server 3.10.15

Jimbo.Automates

The Polyglot Version 3 Node server for ELK Security Version 3.10.15 is released.  See the Release Notes 

Working on new documentation at ELK Node Server

If you have issues or requests please check PG3 ELK Github issues to see it has already been listed.  And if you want to thumbs up an issue I will try to prioritize fixing the ones with most votes.

IMPORTANT: If using ELKID or ELKNAME you must enable the "Allow ISY Access by Plugin" on the configuration page.  This will be required in PG3x Version 3.2.19 and beyond.

Edited by Jimbo.Automates
Change to 3.10.15
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What a joke. It appears you all need to communicate better. These kind of issues are so annoying. One person announces new version, only to tell people 4 hours later "oh please wait until Monday" Well all of the users that updated OH WELL. 

• Sad 1

@jfai and @MBell you could always just wait a couple of weeks before installing something new and make sure there are no reported issues keeping in mind UD is a small company balancing client needs against potential risks. They also do an exceptional job of FREE support. So the occasional issue is quickly resolved with a support ticket.

Edited by kzboray
  • Like 5
3 hours ago, Jimbo.Automates said:

As soon as the issue was discovered I posted a warning, not sure how it can be communicated sooner than it's discovered.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

What I meant was - most developers are not out there on their own. The product owners should demand a first run at any updates that may affect their product. Most developers place their update in a repository so the rest of the development team can test against their dependncies. I get all of the love for this team, me included, I just think you all could be much better if tighter processes were put into place.

Since the launch of PG3 I have witnessed countless issues, not only with the node development but with UDI as well.

Im sure I will receive hate messages for this, but why can't a user ask the node developers and UDI to do better?

Cheers,

What I meant was - most developers are not out there on their own. The product owners should demand a first run at any updates that may affect their product. Most developers place their update in a repository so the rest of the development team can test against their dependncies. I get all of the love for this team, me included, I just think you all could be much better if tighter processes were put into place.
Since the launch of PG3 I have witnessed countless issues, not only with the node development but with UDI as well.
Im sure I will receive hate messages for this, but why can't a user ask the node developers and UDI to do better?
Cheers,
Because I am just an independent plugin developer who is compensated a little, but nowhere near the time spent developing and helping users. Starting out with "What a joke" is extremely offensive since I try very hard to not release with issues. This issue was out of my control and completely unrelated to my plugin
Of course I tested on my production system and let it run for a while before announcing the release. If you have issues with UDI procedures then post in an appropriate forum so your criticism is directed appropriately and try to be considerate.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 5
4 hours ago, MBell said:

@MBell, if you looked at the communications which came out this also was not only a UDI issue, but a dependancy from Paho(MQTT) which pushed a breaking change.  You might be right that their push was off or even that UDI needs to have their software protect itself better.  There are many ways to ask for 'process improvements' but 'what a joke' is just plain rude.  You have been on the forum for a while so you see the culture and how things work here.  Perhaps you just had a bad day but you may want to think before hitting send next time.

• Like 5