Node server to connect to Daikin Mini-Split Heat Pump WiFi adapter?

Go to solution Solved by glarsen,

Does anyone know if someone is working on a node server that could connect my EISY to the Daikin WiFi adapter made by Airzone?  Apparently there is an open API available, and the Airzone supposedly talks to Alexa and others.  It uses something called "DKN Cloud NA", but I have no experience with this sort of thing so I'm not really sure I'm even providing useful information.  

im-dknapi.pdf

Edited by Jimbo.Automates

Sensible Air is supposed to work with all mini split systems with a remote control. Amazon has them for $124, but has been running sales for $99 on and off.

There is so an API available.

I am installing a mini split this weekend and shortly after will install theSensibo Air.

https://www.amazon.com/Sensibo-Air-Conditioner-Controller-Installation/dp/B08T9XXFRW/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?crid=CDQB96SQ5NI7&keywords=sensibo+air&qid=1698199185&sprefix=sensibl+air%2Caps%2C106&sr=8-1-spons&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.18ed3cb5-28d5-4975-8bc7-93deae8f9840&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9zZWFyY2hfYXRm&psc=1

Sensible Air is supposed to work with all mini split systems with a remote control. Amazon has them for $124, but has been running sales for $99 on and off.
There is so an API available.
I am installing a mini split this weekend and shortly after will install theSensibo Air.
https://www.amazon.com/Sensibo-Air-Conditioner-Controller-Installation/dp/B08T9XXFRW/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?crid=CDQB96SQ5NI7&keywords=sensibo+air&qid=1698199185&sprefix=sensibl+air%2Caps%2C106&sr=8-1-spons&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.18ed3cb5-28d5-4975-8bc7-93deae8f9840&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9zZWFyY2hfYXRm&psc=1

Is that 2-way communication or just one?

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

It looks like the Sensibo Air Conditioner Controller is not completely integrated.  Some of the reviews I read state that it doesn't sync with the Daikin remote control, so you can have two conflicting devices trying to control the indoor unit.  Also, it apparently doesn't get power from the indoor unit - you have to have a separate AC socket nearby.  That would be a deal breaker for me, I'm afraid, as there's none close by at all.

3 hours ago, steve-elves said:

It looks like the Sensibo Air Conditioner Controller is not completely integrated.  Some of the reviews I read state that it doesn't sync with the Daikin remote control, so you can have two conflicting devices trying to control the indoor unit.  Also, it apparently doesn't get power from the indoor unit - you have to have a separate AC socket nearby.  That would be a deal breaker for me, I'm afraid, as there's none close by at all.

I don't know about integration being complete or not with your unit, but I used a Sensibo on a Fredrich unit and it works great.  Regarding power.  I cut off the end of a simple inexpensive extension cord, stripped the wires and then screwed it down inside the unit where the power connects.  That gave me a plug to plug the USB power brick that sensibo uses.  I zip tied the plug and brick down inside the unit where there was some space and ran the usb wire out of the unit using one of the pre-imprinted knock-outs the unit had and double face taped the sensibo to the wall next to the unit.

2 way communication is dependent on exactly what you would be looking to do. It appears the Sensible can turn on/off, apply time schedule, geofencing, and control temperature.

The model I posted a link to can interact with the usual voice activated 3rd parties.

The only thing I have seen that it can not control at this time are the movable louvers.

You can also add optional remote temperature sensors.

Yes, you need to plug in Sensible, but I don't have an issue with that.

As for it not working with Dalkin, I saw those reviews and I also saw other reviews that indicated it did work with Dalkin. The manufacturer seems to think that it works with almost all of the units with a remote control, as it appears to either interrupt that signal, clone it, or some how piggyback on it.

We will see.

6 hours ago, DennisC said:

2 way communication is dependent on exactly what you would be looking to do. It appears the Sensible can turn on/off, apply time schedule, geofencing, and control temperature.

Sensibo as far as I can tell controls everything from the app (schedule, leuvers, temp, power, mode, fan, etc).  Again, this is on a Friedrich system.  From ISY there are fewer options (on/off, temp, fan level, mode).  I assume it is that the creator of the node just didn't put it all in.  The app is frankly a lot better layed out then the remote that came with the unit.

The model I posted a link to can interact with the usual voice activated 3rd parties.
The only thing I have seen that it can not control at this time are the movable louvers.
You can also add optional remote temperature sensors.
Yes, you need to plug in Sensible, but I don't have an issue with that.
As for it not working with Dalkin, I saw those reviews and I also saw other reviews that indicated it did work with Dalkin. The manufacturer seems to think that it works with almost all of the units with a remote control, as it appears to either interrupt that signal, clone it, or some how piggyback on it.
We will see.
By 2 way I mean does the sensibo or whatever option get confirmation back that the request was successful.

4 hours ago, Jimbo.Automates said:

By 2 way I mean does the sensibo or whatever option get confirmation back that the request was successful.

yes.  and it doesn't have to be set by the sensibo.  If you use the remote that came with the unit, sensibo gets updated, at least with my Friedrich unit.  I believe the unit itself transmits an IR signal whenever it changes state and the Sensibo receives that.  This is why you need to mount the Sensibo somewhere that it can receive an IR transmission from the unit.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, apostolakisl said:

yes.  and it doesn't have to be set by the sensibo.  If you use the remote that came with the unit, sensibo gets updated, at least with my Friedrich unit.  I believe the unit itself transmits an IR signal whenever it changes state and the Sensibo receives that.  This is why you need to mount the Sensibo somewhere that it can receive an IR transmission from the unit.

Does the Sensibo not communicate with the Friedrich unit using S21?

1 hour ago, apostolakisl said:

I don't know what S21 is.  I just powered up the Sensibo, pointed the Friedrich remote at it and pushed power button.  Immediately on the Sensibo app on my phone it showed configured and ready to go.

Hmm.  Does it then simply replace/supplant the I/R remote control that came with the Friedrich?  Kind of like one of those "Universal Remotes" that you can buy to replace your TV, PVR, & DVD remotes in one unit?  I guess you have to locate it where it can point at the I/R receiver in the mini split head (line of sight, I would imagine)...

Edited by steve-elves
54 minutes ago, steve-elves said:

Hmm.  Does it then simply replace/supplant the I/R remote control that came with the Friedrich?  Kind of like one of those "Universal Remotes" that you can buy to replace your TV, PVR, & DVD remotes in one unit?  I guess you have to locate it where it can point at the I/R receiver in the mini split head (line of sight, I would imagine)...

yes

• 7 months later...

I ended up not going the Sensibo route, and used this which is working perfectly:  https://www.totalhomesupply.com/p/airzone-azai6zwumel-aidoo-z-wave-plus-residential-wifi-adapter-for-mitsubishi-mini-splits#product_manuals_tab

It was very simple to install, just remove the cover, open one flap, and plug it in.  Looks like Airzone has many options for other mini splits.  The one I wanted wasn't listed on Total Home Supplies site, they only had a WiFie model so I emailed their support and they added it.