Programs suddenly Not running and show as disabled.

jhoulihan
Go to solution Solved by apostolakisl,

My Eisy has the latest firmware. All devices seem to be working fine but one day, all of my programs just stopping running.

They now all show as disabled and almost all of them are in RED. 

I've tried rebooting and also unplugging the PLM but no change.

Any ideas as to what might be happening?

• Solution

I have suffered the same issue.   First off, there are some revisions of the current firmware that supposedly fix this bug. Go to https://polisy.local:8443/WEB/sysconfig.txt and find your current firmware.  You will see a section that looks like this:

isy-5.7.0_5
Name           : isy
Version        : 5.7.0_5
Installed on   : Thu Oct 26 20:04:26 2023 CDT
Origin         : misc/isy
Architecture   : FreeBSD:13:amd64
Prefix         : /usr/local
Categories     : misc
Licenses       : 
Maintainer     : michel@universal-devices.com
WWW            : UNKNOWN
Comment        : ISY Port to X (IoX)

The latest version is 7..5.0_5   My system was on the _4 version when it spontaneously disabled all my programs.  Please do an "update packages" to get the _5 version which I pray fixes the issue.    

I am going to assume you have programs that are supposed to be disabled and that you have lots of programs and that figuring out which ones are supposed to be disabled would be a major PITA.  In that case, hopefully you have a recent backup so you can restore the programs to proper enabled/disabled status.  If it is easy for you to know which programs are supposed to be disabled, just go to the program summary page, block highlight all the programs, right click, and click enable. 

Unfortunately, my backup was 6 months old and my system had changed.  First I made a current backup of the system.  Then I restored my 6 mo old backup, took screen shots of all the programs showing enabled/disabled, then loaded the current backup back onto the system.  I block highlighted all the programs and enabled them, then went back and disabled the 30 or so that needed to be disabled using my screenshots.  Then I made a new backup just in case _5 version hasn't actually fixed the issue.

Edited by apostolakisl

Thanks for the response.

I show that I have version 5.7.0_1.

I did the Upgrade Packages and it seems like nothing actually happens and it still shows the same version but now the programs do seem to work for whatever reason.

Most of them are still in Red though.

I'm not sure what that means but they are working.

I guess green is good.

Yellow means there is a problem with the program but what does Red mean?

56 minutes ago, jhoulihan said:

Thanks for the response.

I show that I have version 5.7.0_1.

I did the Upgrade Packages and it seems like nothing actually happens and it still shows the same version but now the programs do seem to work for whatever reason.

Most of them are still in Red though.

I'm not sure what that means but they are working.

I guess green is good.

Yellow means there is a problem with the program but what does Red mean?

half red = last run was false

half green = last run was true

solid red = currently running false

solid green = currently running true

When I did "upgrade packages", I also didn't believe anything happened as it did not appear to reboot.  However, it showed _5 as the version number and the correct time for having updated.

• Like 1