Scene On Levels ignored when scene activated by keypad button

BGage
Go to solution Solved by lilyoyo1,

I have an existing scene that I recently made some changes to. I had one light that was too bright so I reduced the On Level from 60% to 30%. I added two additional lights and also set the On Level to 30%. After all the updates propagate, the scene works as expected from the Admin Console. Click on and all lights go on to their specified on level; however, when I go to either of the two keypads that activate this scene, the On Level the light I changed to 30% is its old 60% and the two new lights are at 100%. What am I missing? The scene worked as expected prior to this change.

Switches are Insteon, isy994i Pro (1100), firmware/UI v.5.3.4

@kzboray I think what you're talking about is beyond what I'm trying to do. I might call what you're doing a dynamic scene where you programmatically changing on levels for the scene based on the time of day. I just have a basic "static" scene that I've changed the on level for a couple of lights, added a couple of other lights and set the on levels for those lights. The scene was working as expected prior to these changes. The scene works as expected AFTER these changes when activated via the admin console or a voice command via google. What is not work is the new on levels when the scene is activated via the 'G' button on two keypads - these worked previously as expected, they just don't seem to have picked up the new on levels.

@lilyoyo1 I feel like I might be missing your point. The keypad buttons are just controllers and I have them set to turn on when the scene is activated. This seems to work fine. Please let me know if I'm missing something here. Your comment did inspire me to remove all controllers from the scene and add them back in one by one and this appears to have fixed the issue.  

Thank you both for your input!

Edited by BGage
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, lgilsenberg said:

In version 4.x, I believe there was a checkbox in the scene that would "Apply changes to all devices" and copy the attributes to controllers [on page 103 in the Cookbook].  Was that capability removed in v5.x?

Yes. The easiest way to set a scene is to add responders first, configure them, then add the controllers. The controllers will auto update

• Like 1