After Node Server reinstall, server is not starting.

leonpc
Go to solution Solved by Michel Kohanim,

10 hours ago, ACastiglione said:

I also voted, but didn't run an errand; instead went to meet a couple colleagues for a few brews and apparently missed the train.   I followed all the steps Michel advised:   

1. Upgrade Packages

2. Install Dev Packages

3. <Restart IoX>

4. Reinstall Kasa (you must reinstall)

5. Ignore timeout ... compilation of kasa module takes about 5 minutes on eisy and 10 minutes on polisy

I also did a Restart as indicated by Trion and still not on the train. 

I downloaded log package and attached here.  Also included a screen shot of the log.  I'm sure I'm missing something.  

I have Polisy and running Version 5.7.0 and Polyglot 3x Version 3.1.0.  Any additional suggestions?  ScreenCaptureNov72023at10_41_06PM.thumb.jpg.30683c89ef599cdac35a1f3372901bb7.jpg 

Kasa_11-7-2023_103609-PM.zip 973.42 kB · 1 download

let us know if another try works.  I was sure it was the voting that fixed it but you proved me wrong.  You should have voted twice.  LOL

All kidding aside, how did you reinstall.  Dont delete and reinstall.  What I did is go to plugins, install, and then it says already installed in slot X- Reinstall here.  Thats what I did.  Then wait.

Oh one other thing.  DOnt do the reinstall until your Query on Startup is done and all of your plugins say connected (except KASA) on pg3x.  I think that may also be a key.  Then do the reinstall and then walk away for a while and leave the dashboard open.  1-2 hours later I got the connected notice in UD mobile and when I looked at the dashboard it said connected.  I did get several failed notices but I ignored them as instructed.

Jeff

25 minutes ago, Michel Kohanim said:

@RichTJ99,

What exactly is the issue? It seems that the nodes are back, are they not?

With kind regards,
Michel

Sorry - I miss typed - I "was" having the same issue, followed all the steps - it wasnt working then:

Deleted Kasa from Polyglot, went into Eisy admin menu, deleted the node from there, rebooted, installed kasa node, waited 10 minutes and it works perfectly - as expected.

No issues beyond it wasnt working but following your steps made it work.  

My node server is now connected.  Left P3x running all night and it was connected in the morning.  HOWEVER, my IoX does not show Kasa in the list of Node Servers (only show Hue) but it does show it in the configure drop down under node servers as shown in the image.  Also, it is listed as a device ("Kasa Controller") on my IoX Network list of devices as shown in the second image.   As you can see, its just the controller.  I only have one Kasa device (Outdoor dimmer KP405) but it is not listed under the Kasa Controller.  Any suggestions?  ScreenCaptureNov92023at3_55_15PM.thumb.jpg.bef9f7a729dee556c408f141b04148f8.jpg

IMG_2503.jpg

On 11/9/2023 at 4:10 PM, ACastiglione said:

My node server is now connected.  Left P3x running all night and it was connected in the morning.  HOWEVER, my IoX does not show Kasa in the list of Node Servers (only show Hue) but it does show it in the configure drop down under node servers as shown in the image.  Also, it is listed as a device ("Kasa Controller") on my IoX Network list of devices as shown in the second image.   As you can see, its just the controller.  I only have one Kasa device (Outdoor dimmer KP405) but it is not listed under the Kasa Controller.  Any suggestions?  ScreenCaptureNov92023at3_55_15PM.thumb.jpg.bef9f7a729dee556c408f141b04148f8.jpg

IMG_2503.jpg

@ACastiglione I am seeing this exact same thing now.  Did you figure it out?

• 1 month later...

Having issues too.  Kasa never seems to connect.  On admin panel it shows the node server and lists several smart devices, but kasa doesn't show up on left side of panel under Network.   I tried removing kasa from pg3 and eisy and reinstalling with same results.  Log shows it trying to do something over and over.  Here's a section where there is an error:

2023-12-28 11:23:05,457 MainThread udi_interface ERROR udi_interface:write: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/0021b9026925_4/kasa-poly.py", line 12, in <module>
from nodes import VERSION,Controller
File "/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/0021b9026925_4/nodes/__init__.py", line 9, in <module>
from .SmartDeviceNode import SmartDeviceNode
File "/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/0021b9026925_4/nodes/SmartDeviceNode.py", line 8, in <module>
from kasa import SmartDeviceException

I don't know what that means.  I'm not sure about "upgrade packages, install dev packages" so I'm stuck.  What next?
10 minutes ago, dblee1950 said:

Having issues too.  Kasa never seems to connect.  On admin panel it shows the node server and lists several smart devices, but kasa doesn't show up on left side of panel under Network.   I tried removing kasa from pg3 and eisy and reinstalling with same results.  Log shows it trying to do something over and over.  Here's a section where there is an error:

2023-12-28 11:23:05,457 MainThread udi_interface ERROR udi_interface:write: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/0021b9026925_4/kasa-poly.py", line 12, in <module>
from nodes import VERSION,Controller
File "/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/0021b9026925_4/nodes/__init__.py", line 9, in <module>
from .SmartDeviceNode import SmartDeviceNode
File "/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/0021b9026925_4/nodes/SmartDeviceNode.py", line 8, in <module>
from kasa import SmartDeviceException

I don't know what that means.  I'm not sure about "upgrade packages, install dev packages" so I'm stuck.  What next?

It is mentioned on the release page: 

IMPORTANT: You must have the latest updates released 12/03/2023 for this to install.  If you are not sure, please 'Update Modules' and reboot when complete before installing. 

10 minutes ago, dblee1950 said:

I have version 3.1.4 and version 5.7.1 of the iox and version 3.2.16 of the PG3.  I don't see dates on my dashboard other than time started.  I don't know what or how to update modules/install dev packages.  I see nothing that says update in the PG3 store for kasa

PG3x is at 3.2.17 which I think does not matter but I do know it requires the latest UDX which came out after 3.2.16.  You can get both by doing UPGRADE PACKAGES in the configuration tab of Admin Console.

After that you may or may not have to reinstall KASA.  I had to but working great now.

I have version 3.1.4 and version 5.7.1 of the iox and version 3.2.16 of the PG3.  I don't see dates on my dashboard other than time started.  I don't know what or how to update modules/install dev packages.  I see nothing that says update in the PG3 store for kasa
https://forum.universal-devices.com/index.php?/topic/42729-Another-problem-with-no-devices-found#entry377345

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk