No node servers appear, unable to update new system to become stable and normal.

Go to solution Solved by Geddy,

When I go to the polyglot dashbaord, I see no node servers.

I am running ISY but it's not behaving properly.  I'm unable to upgrade firmware.  Upgrade packages (from the ISY admin console) does nothing.  The upgrade firmware button on the UD Mobile app does nothing.  I just want to get to a point where everything is working and stable but I don't know how to push it to that point.

Also, my device doesn't show up in IoX finder and I always have to manually use the IP path.

When the screen below first came up, it showed iOX as disconnected.  I had to say "autolocate" in the menu for it to turn green.  This just doesn't seem right?

Node Servers

PG3x Version 3.1.33
Frontend Version: 3.1.35
IoX Version: 5.6.2   Connected
Uptime: 9 Hour(s) 12 Minute(s) 20 Second(s)
(c) 2023 UDI
Getting Started

@timlacey first try a full power cycle of the device. I will assume you have the eisy (even though you don’t specifically say) based on the versions shown. 

• press the power button 6 times
  • Blue light should turn red 
    • if bot after about 60 seconds pull the power supply
  • Pull power supply
  • wait 20-30 seconds
  • plug back in
  • wait 2-3 minutes for the device to boot up completely 
  • attempt to access the web interface directly

Check what version is now shown at the bottom of the web interface. 

It appears your system was stuck in an update somewhere. Thus the “restart required” comment you see in your screenshot. 

Check the current versions area to see what version you should be on. If you’re not on the current builds you need to either run the update packages process in admin console or read the wiki for the button presses to initiate an update.

As for the device not being found in the IoX Finder window that can depend on your router and network. Best option to troubleshoot that is to clear Java cache (checking all 3 boxes to clear internet files), delete any “start.jnlp” and “admin.jnlp” files you might have on your system, download a new IoX Launcher (start.jnlp) from either UDI website (clicking on “My ISY” on the top right) or from the wiki.

NOTE: if you had node servers (now “plugins) installed previously you need tun click on “system” then “reinstall all plugins” once your device is on the current version. 

OK, tried this.  The six button trick to shut down, and then the eisy web interface shows the exact same thing as above.

My IoX finder is now working for the first time, though.  I generally keep clearing the cache, but that's working now anyway.

I tried to go to the ISY settings->config and do upgrade packages again.  30 minutes later I tried again to update the firmware through the UD mobile app.  

I haven't tried the "magic button" single press to prompt an update yet. . . it says to wait until support says to try that.

I don't know where the "current versions area" is, but the UDmobile app offers an update from 5.6.2 to 5.7.0.

As per the migration instructions from ISY994, I tried to upgrade before importing my ISY backup. . . but apparently the upgrade hadn't worked so perhaps now it can't upgrade because my ISY backup is causing issues?  Maybe I should factory reset the EISY and try again - except I've already transferred all the licenses to the new one running on EISY.

Nothing is working quite right . . everything seems off. . . my log files are filled with can't connect to IoX even though its localhost. . . 

Tim

Edited by timlacey

Also when I go to the UD Mobile app and try to view node servers or go to Polyglot home, it tells me bad username or password?  I tried admin/admin and also the one I'm using successfully to log in to the ISY. . .  neither works?

And I tried using the "magic button" 3 times to reset passwords, yet my previous password is still in force.  everything about the EISY just seems to be wrong.

Edited by timlacey
  • Solution
4 hours ago, timlacey said:

I don't know where the "current versions area" is, but the UDmobile app offers an update from 5.6.2 to 5.7.0.

FYI it's this area: https://forum.universal-devices.com/forum/339-current-release-announcements/

All "current release" announcements are made there.

I tried to go to the ISY settings->config and do upgrade packages again.  30 minutes later I tried again to update the firmware through the UD mobile app.  

I haven't attempted to update through UD Mobile in a very long time so I'm not sure what's the issue with that. The "Upgrade Packages" in admin console should work. Don't click any of the alerts after you start the upgrade process and you should get another alert that it has completed and needs to reboot. Follow the steps above again to power cycle the system.

After any IoX update you will need to clear the java cache (selecting all three boxes) and get a new start.jnlp file to put the icon back on the desktop. This way the "local" option of connecting through the IoX Launcher won't complain about the UI/Firmware mismatch. The "cloud" option should download the proper UI, but I've found that the local still needs a fresh start. 

Maybe I should factory reset the EISY and try again - except I've already transferred all the licenses to the new one running on EISY.

I'm not sure what you mean by "transferred all the licenses". What licenses and how did you do that? Do you just mean portal account migration?

1 hour ago, timlacey said:

Also when I go to the UD Mobile app and try to view node servers or go to Polyglot home, it tells me bad username or password? 

How is your UD Mobile setup to connect to the eisy? If only through portal then you need the portal credentials. If you have a local network setup that would be the same that you use when connecting through admin console locally. 

I think you've attempted a lot of troubleshooting on your own that might have put the device into a point that it isn't an "easy" fix with forums posts. Your best bet would be to open a support ticket and have UDI help troubleshoot and fix directly.

https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets/

• Like 2