including program name in Pushover alert?

piconut

I have been using Pushover alerts for a while now but I want to be able to include the program name that sends the alert into the Pushover text and can't figure out how to do it.  Here is what I'm entering into the string:  ${sys.program.#.name}  which just returns as:  "program[0]" in the pushover alert.  I have inserted other variables like ${var.1.23} into the string and it works fine.  Just that the program name doesn't work. 

Any help would be appreciated!

12 hours ago, piconut said:

I have been using Pushover alerts for a while now but I want to be able to include the program name that sends the alert into the Pushover text and can't figure out how to do it.  Here is what I'm entering into the string:  ${sys.program.#.name}  which just returns as:  "program[0]" in the pushover alert.  I have inserted other variables like ${var.1.23} into the string and it works fine.  Just that the program name doesn't work. 

Any help would be appreciated!

These both work for me:

${sys.program.#.name} ${sys.node.#.name} 

If I recall correctly, it only works when called by the program logic. I don't think it works correctly when selecting "Run Then".

3 hours ago, DennisC said:

These both work for me:

${sys.program.#.name} ${sys.node.#.name} 

If I recall correctly, it only works when called by the program logic. I don't think it works correctly when selecting "Run Then".

I have a test program where the IF is just a time and day, so my test program actually runs (and I'm not just selecting the "Run Then").  The test program send a Pushover Alert and also an email alert and they both contain the same two variables ${sys.program.#.name} and ${sys.node.#.name}.

In the email alert, it shows up like this: Pushover PROGRAM NAME Test for the ${sys.program.#.name} variable and node[#] for the ${sys.node.#.name} variable.

In the Pushover alert, it shows up like this: program[0] for the ${sys.program.#.name} variable and node[#] for the ${sys.node.#.name} variable.

So there is a little difference as to what is returned by the variable but I still can't figure out what the problem is.  

2 hours ago, Javi said:

What is your hardware and firmware?

Are you using Network Resources or the Notification Node Server to send to Push Over?

Running v5.0.14 on ISY994i/IR PRO

I'm using Network Resources to send the Pushover alert

Edited by piconut

Network Resources will not evaluate these variables as the resource is processed on a seperate thread.  System variables (not related to the program) can be substituted but it is possible they change before the substitution in Network Resources occurs. 

Program Trigger Variables are only available in Notification Content, which is used by the Notification Plugin (Node Server).  Also consider upgrading to at least version 5.0.16, preferably 5.2.x or 5.3.x for bug fixes.  However being that we no longer offer free support for 994 it may be easier to upgrade to eisy which supports PG3 and the Notification Node Server out of the box.