VUE Node Server online status in eisy

RRalston

Hello,

I am on eISY v5.7.0_5 and PG3x v3.2.15 and VUE Version: 1.0.26 [Production]

Trying to create notifications for a couple of node servers when they may be stopped and disconnected. What I have found is that the status for VUE and one other always shows "Connected" in the eISY AC, when I manually stop the plugins. Not sure if this is a plugin, PG3x or eISY issue, but my notifications are never triggered.

Rob

Edited by RRalston
Add VUE version Information

So this is interesting. I received notification about the Python 3.2.4 update. I had time, so I quickly did a "re-install all" to get this update.

During the reinstall, I received a VUE disconnected notification email, then about 30 seconds later, received a connected notification email (per my programs). After that I stopped the VUE plugin again to test, but still no notification for that.

Thought this info might be helpful to whoever would look into this issue:

I'm the author of the Vue plug-in and it works fine for me. The connection status in the AC mirrors the status of the plug-in and I get notifications when it is stopped or started. 

Since a re-install does the same thing as manually stopping and starting, it appears as the node server is working correctly for you also.

On 11/8/2023 at 3:55 PM, bpwwer said:

I'm the author of the Vue plug-in and it works fine for me. The connection status in the AC mirrors the status of the plug-in and I get notifications when it is stopped or started. 

Since a re-install does the same thing as manually stopping and starting, it appears as the node server is working correctly for you also.

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the response. What you say makes sense, but it is not my experience. Stopping the node server shows Disconnected in PG3x, but Connected in AC. Only the reinstall behaves as expected.

I will open a ticket to work through this.

Rob