Forced to change my router to AP with Internet modem now hue finds bridge but no nodes?lights

trevorst
Go to solution Solved by Geddy,

I was forced to change my router to AP with Internet modem because of malfunctioning port on modem now after deleting and reloading the Hue app it only finds the modem and no lights. Not sure if I need to configure anything as I it was several years ago when I first loaded the app and it has be working great (thank you for your work). Would appreciate any advise on solving the issue.

Trevor

Attached is the log file.

Hue_11-8-2023_72151-PM.zip

Edited by trevorst

@trevorst I see you posted here too!

More than likely the hub is at a different IP address. If you have the same DHCP range try to make a reservation for the hub where it was before. If you cannot, then code the bridge IP and restart the node server then press the button on the hub. It “should” discover again that way. In Hue screen in the plugin store there should be a “more info” button to see how to code the hub IP address in the settings of the plugin. 

6 hours ago, Geddy said:

@trevorst I see you posted here too!

More than likely the hub is at a different IP address. If you have the same DHCP range try to make a reservation for the hub where it was before. If you cannot, then code the bridge IP and restart the node server then press the button on the hub. It “should” discover again that way. In Hue screen in the plugin store there should be a “more info” button to see how to code the hub IP address in the settings of the plugin. 

Hi Geddy thanks for the reply I had already tried that many times with no success . I reserved the old IP address of 114 on the router successfully  and it failed. Added the address in config and they connected using the following formats of inputting the IP address but all failed to load any lights.

[:192.168.0.114:]

received the following error

ERROR hue:connect: Failed to read bridges variable [:192.168.0.114:] Expecting value: line 1 column 2 (char 1) 

ERROR hue:connect: Failed to read bridges variable [:192.168.0.114:] Expecting value: line 1 column 2 (char 1)

[192.168.0.114]

ERROR hue:connect: Failed to read bridges variable [192.168.0.114] Expecting ',' delimiter: line 1 column 9 (char 8)

Appreciate any help/ideas you you can give.

Trevor

• Solution

@trevorst  The IP has to be added to the plugin in a strange (unexpected) format with square bracket and quotes. 

KEY = bridges

Value = ["#.#.#.#"]        (MUST include the square bracket AND the quotes!)

"Failed to read bridges variable" means it didn't connect properly. 

Now I forget if I had to pres the hub button or not, but I'm fairly certain it might still be needed. Make sure you press "restart" on the plugin then within a few moments can press the button on the hue hub. 

Once you get success make sure you restart the node server and also restart Admin Console (if you have it open - please note it's always best practice not to have both Admin Console AND PG3x web interface open at the same time. Admin Console only receives changes/update when reloaded. If you're making changes in PG3x always re-launch admin console (if you had it open) for the changes to show up on the IoX side. I always suggest people not have both open so you don't forget that step!)

If you're unable to get it configured please open a support ticket with UDI to see what other tricks/tips they might have for getting this resolved. 

https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets

Just looking at my Hue setup realized that I don't have the IP address coded in the PG3x version. I ran Hue under PG2 on a Polisy, but when I changed to the eisy think it setup correctly and I've got a reserved IP for the Hue bridge. I wonder if you could delete the plugin and reinstall if it might connect without forcing the IP as a custom parameter. I know in the old PG2 there was an issue with the plugin storing the IP somewhere and it always looked at the old IP for it even though I did have it move (like you I replaced a router with a different DHCP table).

Thanks Geddy, I have tried deleting and reloading multiple times and pressing the button. Have done this with both ip address added and leaving it out. The issue right now appears to be the formatting of the ip address. Searching I found one post that said to use the [: xxx.xxx.x.xxx:] format but the error messages in my last post shows that does not work either.

Thanks for trying to help maybe someone that knows the required format will see this post

Just noticed your ref to quotes I did try that early on, will give that another shot.

Edited by trevorst