Routines Not Working

btreinders

I see about a year ago this happened and to me it is happening again.  I can see that the device sees the motion in the Alexa app but the routine will not trigger because of it.  I have even tried reconnecting the V3 app and recreating the routine.  Still nothing.  Anyone else having this issue?

15 hours ago, btreinders said:

I see about a year ago this happened and to me it is happening again.  I can see that the device sees the motion in the Alexa app but the routine will not trigger because of it.  I have even tried reconnecting the V3 app and recreating the routine.  Still nothing.  Anyone else having this issue?

Not lately but some items that may be factors.
App likes to disable the routines on updates.
Changing status of pseudoDevices too fast. I found operating a device would sometimes lock itself or another pseudoDevice out for 30 seconds as stated by Amazon, initially.

Each time I complained to Amazon they reported looking into it, and then it would start functioning again, but they never reported back with any bugs or findings to me.

11 minutes ago, larryllix said:

Not lately but some items that may be factors.
App likes to disable the routines on updates.
Changing status of pseudoDevices too fast. I found operating a device would sometimes lock itself or another pseudoDevice out for 30 seconds as stated by Amazon, initially.

Each time I complained to Amazon they reported looking into it, and then it would start functioning again, but they never reported back with any bugs or findings to me.

Thanks, I don't think any of those are factors here.  I can watch in the app when I manually set a state variable in the AC and it detects the motion in the Alexa app.  I created new routines using that motion and they do not get triggered.  If I manually run the routines they work.  Guess I'll try to contract Amazon.  I really only use them as notification speakers now anyway so it's not that annoying and I use the ELK M1 for notifications as well but it is much more restrictive obliviously.

20 hours ago, btreinders said:

Thanks, I don't think any of those are factors here.  I can watch in the app when I manually set a state variable in the AC and it detects the motion in the Alexa app.  I created new routines using that motion and they do not get triggered.  If I manually run the routines they work.  Guess I'll try to contract Amazon.  I really only use them as notification speakers now anyway so it's not that annoying and I use the ELK M1 for notifications as well but it is much more restrictive obliviously.

I had the same thing happening a few times, lasted for a few months and then started working again. However if you deleted your account connections or you deleted all devices in ISY Portal the routines all get disabled, after Amazon discovers the devices don't exist.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I had the same thing happen. I can see my Virtual Motion Sensor change state properly in the Alexa app as I manually change it on the ISY - so I know the portal is working properly. However, I have two simple routines; one to turn a group of smart plugs on when the virtual sensor is closed and another to turn it off when it opens. They both worked fine until yesterday - now, they will no longer trigger automatically. I did remove (disable) some skills I no longer need/use - maybe that screws things up.