Lock not operating, but log seems like it did?

skunkiechris

I have multiple Kwikset 620 Zwave 700 deadbolts.  Most work perfectly fine, but one does not operate the vast majority of the time when sent commands, but there is also no failure showing in the log, nor does it ever say can't communicate.  In the L3 log these are all the transactions I see, and the lock does absolutely nothing:

Tue 12/12/2023 01:57:30 PM : [ZW-TX-A 00127  54.0  ] [ZY054_1] Door Lock Set mode=0
Tue 12/12/2023 01:57:31 PM : [ZW-DONE 00127  54.0  ] [ZY054_1] Door Lock Set mode=0

I've attached the ZWAY log file for the operation, I don't know how to interpret all of that. :)  All the nodes are present on the lock, and I have rewritten links and updated neighbors, there are no communication issues at all.  (It's also about....20 feet from the zmatter dongle.  Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks!

zy log.txt

I know nothing about Kwikset 620 Zwave 700 deadbolts, but doesn't it seem plausible that particular lock is malfunctioning? It's apparently communicating and accepting commands, but it still has to convert those commands into a mechanical action. It may make sense to contact Kwikset support as well.

20 hours ago, skunkiechris said:

I have multiple Kwikset 620 Zwave 700 deadbolts.  Most work perfectly fine, but one does not operate the vast majority of the time when sent commands, but there is also no failure showing in the log, nor does it ever say can't communicate.  In the L3 log these are all the transactions I see, and the lock does absolutely nothing:

Tue 12/12/2023 01:57:30 PM : [ZW-TX-A 00127  54.0  ] [ZY054_1] Door Lock Set mode=0
Tue 12/12/2023 01:57:31 PM : [ZW-DONE 00127  54.0  ] [ZY054_1] Door Lock Set mode=0

I've attached the ZWAY log file for the operation, I don't know how to interpret all of that. :)  All the nodes are present on the lock, and I have rewritten links and updated neighbors, there are no communication issues at all.  (It's also about....20 feet from the zmatter dongle.  Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks!

zy log.txt 31.32 kB · 0 downloads

I experienced similar issues with one of my locks. I tried three different locks and all had issues. The fix for me was to find a location for the Eisy that it could communicate reliably with my two door locks.  Since then my lock issues have disappeared.

2 hours ago, RRalston said:

I know nothing about Kwikset 620 Zwave 700 deadbolts, but doesn't it seem plausible that particular lock is malfunctioning? It's apparently communicating and accepting commands, but it still has to convert those commands into a mechanical action. It may make sense to contact Kwikset support as well.

He, I guess I forgot to say that this behavior coincided with the migration from Zooz to ZMatter. :) 

But today it seems to be normal, so, who knows.