Moving to a new house - what steps should I take with Portal?

Jay M

My current house has an ISY 994 and it's working well with over 50 Insteon devices.

I'm remodeling our new/future house  and plan to use mostly all new Insteon devices with an Eisy controller.

Can one Portal account handle both houses? I don't want to migrate or import anything, I want to start with a clean slate in the new house.

What would you suggest?  Buy a second portal account and and cancel the old one when I'm out of the old house, or can I use one account for both houses?

Thanks,

~Jay

If you plan to bring nothing with you, I would start fresh with a new account on a new eisy and let the old one go after you're sure you're done.

Any chance the new buyer will want it? I sold my last house recently and left the ISY and a gmail account that went with the ISY and any iot. They didn't want the portal though

16 hours ago, Jay M said:

My current house has an ISY 994 and it's working well with over 50 Insteon devices.

I'm remodeling our new/future house  and plan to use mostly all new Insteon devices with an Eisy controller.

Can one Portal account handle both houses? I don't want to migrate or import anything, I want to start with a clean slate in the new house.

What would you suggest?  Buy a second portal account and and cancel the old one when I'm out of the old house, or can I use one account for both houses?

Thanks,

~Jay

At one time, I had 3 UD devices on one portal account with no issues. However, they were all located in one house.

For my vacation home I elected to use a second account. It makes organization and management easier. 

Since your existing ISY is at end of life with no free support available, I would not suggest trying to reuse it. Upgrading to eisy and disposing on the 994 is your best option for less headaches.