Portal offline

bmercier
Go to solution Solved by bmercier,

• Solution

Most if not all systems are now back online.

This seems to have been caused by a regional internet outage somewhere. Some customers reported the error log, which allowed to determine it was indeed a connectivity issue.

On the portal side, no servers have been restarted, and no issues could be seen other than systems having disconnected and reconnected.

In addition, looking at the numbers, over 6,000 units stayed online. 

Thank you for the update. This had me spinning my wheels for a while last night. After checking everything up one side and down the other, I concluded that the problem was unlikely to be on my end. And it must have been quite challenging on your end when all your services are running fine but only a portion of your users are having issues. What would have been nice for me is to be able to see if other users besides myself were experiencing outages. Perhaps there could be a forum section where users could report their outage so others can see that they're not the only ones.

One other thought... When I looked at the help->about in the admin console, "Internet Access" is shown as "Disabled." After chasing that down, I found a forum post in which @MrBill explains that's a bit of a red herring. It might be helpful to change the verbiage on this as he suggests.

Edited by chris.com
1 hour ago, chris.com said:

Thank you for the update. This had me spinning my wheels for a while last night. After checking everything up one side and down the other, I concluded that the problem was unlikely to be on my end. And it must have been quite challenging on your end when all your services are running fine but only a portion of your users are having issues. What would have been nice for me is to be able to see if other users besides myself were experiencing outages. Perhaps there could be a forum section where users could report their outage so others can see that they're not the only ones.

One other thought... When I looked at the help->about in the admin console, "Internet Access" is shown as "Disabled." After chasing that down, I found a forum post in which @MrBill explains that's a bit of a red herring. It might be helpful to change the verbiage on this as he suggests.

Hi Chris,

The UD Portal forum is a good place for such a post. 

Internet access option in admin console no longer exists on new polisy & eisy. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, gages97 said:

My unit was offline then online, now offline again as of 3:56PM EST.  Unit is based in NY.

4 minutes ago, 4481hoods said:

Detroit offline!

You may want to try a reboot.

Portal infrastructure is up, and looking at the numbers, most units are up. There is no mass outage as was seen earlier today.