migrating from PG2/polisy + isy programs to PG3x on eisy

cosyn

I finally got around to installing and migrating to eisy/PG3x from my 994i and polisy (PG2). I had restored PG2 to PG3 on the polisy and attempted to migrate from PG3 to PG3x in eisy but received errors and instructions to install all of the NS's manually, so I did that. I installed them into the same slot numbers as before.

I have hundreds of programs with timedata written into them. The PG3x timedata NS in eisy shows as online. However, the programs that have timedata show the following error. I take it that eisy can't "see" the new PG3x NS as being the same. Any advice on how to point the eisy programs to the new timedata server without going through and manually updating each program? 

Screenshot 2023-12-30 222731.png

Posted (edited)

Happy new year, and thanks for the response, @glarsen. Here you can see screenshots of the old mapping under PG2 and the current mapping under PG3x. Not sure if it helps but also adding a screenshot of the timedata NS tab.

PG2

Screenshot2023-12-28112225.thumb.png.a26eba5079013f072080cbc4d84c9492.png

PG3x

Screenshot2024-01-01002646.thumb.png.23d8b0375c24321b33b7d1b76f35b345.png

PG3x timedata NS tab

Screenshot2024-01-01120703.thumb.png.a2cd02d57a5897a514f2bc5a90aadbde.png

Edited by cosyn

@cosynThis information is from the readme section of the plugin store for Timedata and may be contributing to your problem....

"There have been some changes made during the migration to PG3. In particular, some node ids have changed. This means that when using variable substitution, some updates to your Configuration/Customizations may be required. For instance, the "timedata" node was renamed to "controller", so instead of: ${sys.node.n007_timedata.GV5}, the script needs to be: ${sys.node.n007_controller.GV5}"

No worries. As far as I'm aware the eisy interface in admin console only allows programming through the GUI. Hoping @glarsen who wrote the nodeserver can chime in based on the screenshots provided above as it does seem that there is a difference in the PG2 and PG3x variable names as @tlightne pointed out. I have a ticket open with @Michel Kohanim so am drawing his attention to this thread.

Posted (edited)

Interesting idea, @EWhite. The program export from the 994i looks really different from how they look in eisy. See below. Lol, I'm no programmer but I don't think the two will import/export readily across platforms very readily. The 994i program doesn't seem to show the underlying editable code the way eisy does. Also, what program are people using to edit the eisy .iox program export files? I tried Notepad++ but it doesn't want to indent nicely even though the file seems to be xml.

994i:

Sched-Highland Fan On High - [ID 01CA][Parent 008D][Not Enabled]

If
        (
             '_NodeServers / ISY Time Data' Minute is 0 minute
          Or '_NodeServers / ISY Time Data' Minute is 7 minute
          Or '_NodeServers / ISY Time Data' Minute is 15 minute
          Or '_NodeServers / ISY Time Data' Minute is 22 minute
          Or '_NodeServers / ISY Time Data' Minute is 30 minute
          Or '_NodeServers / ISY Time Data' Minute is 37 minute
          Or '_NodeServers / ISY Time Data' Minute is 45 minute
          Or '_NodeServers / ISY Time Data' Minute is 52 minute
        )
    And 'Cons_1_Highland / Plugs / High_Plug_1.1_Top: Cooler' Status is Off
    And (
             'Cons_1_Highland / 1_Highland Thermostat' Temperature < 62.0°
          Or 'Cons_1_Highland / 1_Highland Thermostat' Humidity < 80%
          Or '_NodeServers / WeatherPoly / Temperatures' Temperature < 50.0°F
          Or 'Cons_2_Lowland / Plugs / Low_Plug_1.1_Top: AC' Status is On
        )

Then
        Run Program 'Response-Hi Fan On High' (Then Path)

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

eisy:
</d2d><d2d><trigger><id>458</id><name>Sched-Highland Fan On High</name><parent>141</parent><if><and /><paren><or /><comment> Warning:  Unrecognized Condition (program may not run)&#x0A;&lt;status OP=&quot;IS&quot; NODE=&quot;n004_timedata&quot; ID=&quot;GV1&quot;&gt;
&#x0A;    &lt;val UOM=&quot;44&quot; PREC=&quot;0&quot;&gt;0&lt;/val&gt;
&#x0A;&lt;/status&gt;
&#x0A;</comment><or /><comment> Warning:  Unrecognized Condition (program may not run)&#x0A;&lt;status OP=&quot;IS&quot; NODE=&quot;n004_timedata&quot; ID=&quot;GV1&quot;&gt;
&#x0A;    &lt;val UOM=&quot;44&quot; PREC=&quot;0&quot;&gt;7&lt;/val&gt;
&#x0A;&lt;/status&gt;
&#x0A;</comment><or /><comment> Warning:  Unrecognized Condition (program may not run)&#x0A;&lt;status OP=&quot;IS&quot; NODE=&quot;n004_timedata&quot; ID=&quot;GV1&quot;&gt;
&#x0A;    &lt;val UOM=&quot;44&quot; PREC=&quot;0&quot;&gt;15&lt;/val&gt;
&#x0A;&lt;/status&gt;
&#x0A;    &lt;val UOM=&quot;44&quot; PREC=&quot;0&quot;&gt;22&lt;/val&gt;
&#x0A;&lt;/status&gt;
&#x0A;    &lt;val UOM=&quot;44&quot; PREC=&quot;0&quot;&gt;30&lt;/val&gt;
&#x0A;&lt;/status&gt;
&#x0A;    &lt;val UOM=&quot;44&quot; PREC=&quot;0&quot;&gt;37&lt;/val&gt;
&#x0A;&lt;/status&gt;
&#x0A;    &lt;val UOM=&quot;44&quot; PREC=&quot;0&quot;&gt;45&lt;/val&gt;
&#x0A;&lt;/status&gt;
&#x0A;    &lt;val UOM=&quot;44&quot; PREC=&quot;0&quot;&gt;52&lt;/val&gt;
&#x0A;&lt;/status&gt;
&#x0A;</comment></paren><and /><status id="ST" node="38 F3 AA 1" op="IS"><val uom="51" prec="0">0</val></status><and /><paren><or /><status id="ST" node="2C 45 C7 1" op="LT"><val uom="14" prec="1">620</val></status><or /><status id="CLIHUM" node="2C 45 C7 1" op="LT"><val uom="51" prec="0">80</val></status><or /><status id="ST" node="n006_temperature" op="LT"><val uom="17" prec="1">500</val></status><or /><status id="ST" node="34 68 1F 1" op="IS"><val uom="51" prec="0">100</val></status></paren></if><then><runthen>268</runthen></then><else></else><comment></comment></trigger></d2d>

Edited by cosyn

UD was able to help repair the problem, which appears to be due to a change in the node names. From Chris: "In your case, I just changed all ZWxxxxxx nodes to ZYxxxxxx, all  n004_timedata to n04_controller".

I'm waiting to hear from him what tool he used to change the XML code, as Notepad++ with the various XML plugins couldn't produce a file that I could readily view. And I'm still puzzled as to whether the underlying issue was on the timedata NS coding side or the eisy side.

If anyone else has this issue, sending a note to the UD team will get it resolved the quickest.

• Like 1

@cosyn, sorry I've been unable to respond or help.  I'm in the process of moving and have no access to any of my dev stuff (since Dec. 27), and not for another week or so yet. Finally got a laptop fired up today in a hotel room and saw all of this.

I can't remember what forced the change to the node names since it was more than a year ago-I had even forgotten about that until I saw this thread.  I'm glad UD was able to help. Thanks for your patience.

Edited by glarsen

There is a FIND and REPLACE command in the programs to make changes like this if needed.

right click on the top My Programs folder and you will see the option. 

Is very useful to also just Find something in a program you cant remember .

Screenshot2024-01-08at4_59_03PM.jpg.5accb84cb894e894c5955bf8f943e538.jpg

• Like 1