Zooz Zen 32 800lr issues

EWhite

Just got this in. got it talking to polisy with zmatter module.

Problem:

Main switch works fine, shows off and on in AC

All Four scene switches show nothing until pushed, then show on and never change after that.

no matter how much i push those buttons, they never show off.

I also cannot put them to off in  programming. i can only query them.

please help. 

thanks

I suspect these are the same as the original ZEN 32s and if that is the case the smaller four buttons of the Zen 32 are scene controllers and only report an "on" command when pushed.  This is normal behavior for the original ZEN 32 according to Zooz tech support.  If you want to spend some time with programming, you can set up some logic and use advanced configuration commands to turn the LEDs on the small buttons on and off to reflect the status of what they are controlling.

I purchased a couple of these as potential replacements for the 8 button insteon switches when insteon went out of business.  I managed to get it to work like I wanted with the led on the small buttons reflecting status of the scene as a test, but never installed them permanently and don't think I will since the insteon devices are available again.

On 12/31/2023 at 3:16 PM, EWhite said:

Just got this in. got it talking to polisy with zmatter module.

Problem:

Main switch works fine, shows off and on in AC

All Four scene switches show nothing until pushed, then show on and never change after that.

no matter how much i push those buttons, they never show off.

I also cannot put them to off in  programming. i can only query them.

please help. 

thanks

The secondary buttons do not really have an ON/OFF associated with them.  They show up as "keypessed" events in Home Assistant.  Think of the events as momentary rather than state events.

Youtube of the "keypressed" event in HomeAssistant - Skip to 11:25 Testing scene buttons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87jquTZ4B_U

That is normal how zen32 works with the buttons. You have to make programs to make buttons work correctly (I made a post somewhere here how to do). Sort of a mess how to do in iox and not very reliable and sluggish I found since it seems to process zwave events slow. 

Edited by brians

i sent it back(amazon).

just seems strange to me to have a button that will turn on, but will not turn off.

going a deferent route and looks promising so far. thanks all