Climacell NS: no current data

tmorse305
Go to solution Solved by bpwwer,

I just installed Climacell and it seemed to install correctly.

When I check in the AC I can see the forecast data for tomorrow but there are no current conditions.

There is an error in the log:

2023-12-31 20:03:42,618 Thread-16 udi_interface ERROR query:query_conditions: Current observation update failure

@bpwwer, Any suggestions? Configuration attached.

Thank you.

Screenshot 2023-12-31 180746.png

Edited by tmorse305

Update:

I was able to send the offending url request and got this response:

"The plan is restricted and cannot perform this action. Adjust action and try again: Querying '5m' timestep is not allowed in the current plan"

It looks like you can't use this NS with the Climacell free plan.

Looks like they've changed what's allowed with the free plan.  That did work at one time.

If you can, do a quick test for me.  Use the same URL, but change the "timesteps=5m" to "timesteps=current" and see if that works.

• 4 months later...

After updating to Climacell Version 2.0.3 today, I am now having the 'Current observation update failure', similar to what tmorse305 described. I.e. my Forcast0 data is fine.  I am running IOX 5.8.3 and PG3x Version 3.2.22.  I also use the ELK and Bond node servers and they seem to be fine, so my problem is just with Climacell.  I've previously been using Climacell without problem for more than a year.  Any ideas?

1 hour ago, rwsani99 said:

After updating to Climacell Version 2.0.3 today, I am now having the 'Current observation update failure', similar to what tmorse305 described. I.e. my Forcast0 data is fine.  I am running IOX 5.8.3 and PG3x Version 3.2.22.  I also use the ELK and Bond node servers and they seem to be fine, so my problem is just with Climacell.  I've previously been using Climacell without problem for more than a year.  Any ideas?

And now, an hour late it's working!  I can't see anything in the log file that show what changed and I haven't restarted the NS or anything.  

@tmorse305 from the log you posted, Climacell is returning this when the plug-in made the query

'The request limit for this resource has been reached for the current rate limit window. Wait and retry the operation, or examine your API request volume.'

There is a limit to how many queries you can make in a given period of time.  This limit depends on the plan you are subscribed to.  Once you exceed that limit, it stops providing data until the time limit has passed.

You control how often the plug-in queries using the short poll and long poll times

Short Poll
* How often to poll the climacell weather service for current condition data (in seconds).

Long Poll
* How often to poll the climacell weather service for forecast data (in seconds). Note that the data is only updated every 10 minutes. Setting this to less may result in exceeding the free service rate limit.

Posted (edited)

Thanks Bob,

I should have mentioned that I tried restarting it twice in a row.  That's why I got the message about too many tries.  I have both polls set to an hour.   I wonder if there was an issue with Climacell, because overnight it resolved itself.

Edited by tmorse305