Can Admin Console stay open on windows PC

dblee1950
Go to solution Solved by paulbates,

9 minutes ago, dblee1950 said:

It seems every time I'm away from computer for a period of time and come back to PC I have to close the console out and restart.  Is there a setting  or a way to keep the console open and functional until I shut it down?   

I run my admin console almost constantly. BUT, I notice two issues.  1. If I have any type of network interruption, the AC locks up and I have to go to task manager to kill the java app.  2. Recently, I have turned back on sleep mode and when I wake up the PC later, I find the Admin console is in some weird state, sort of functional, but not really. If I create a new program, it doesn't work completely until I restart the Admin console. If I need to review the variable tables, I have to hit refresh variables before the data is correct. 

So, for me, it seems if I want the AC to continuously work, I have to make sure my PC doesn't sleep or lose connection. 

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, LFMc said:

So, for me, it seems if I want the AC to continuously work, I have to make sure my PC doesn't sleep or lose connection. 

Pretty much this.  Runs great on a server with hard-wired connectivity to the Polisy that never sleeps - otherwise, just close it when done.

• Like 2