Extreme frustration with Eisy

ekapigian

I have been a longtime user of UD products starting with the ISY-99i and then ISY-994i.

Due to UD discontinuing the services for the ISY, I have been forced to upgrade to Eisy.  So far, it has been anything but Eisy.

The system seems extremely unstable from previous versions which is quite disappointing.

I had several error messages while attempting to get it up and running, then migrating everything over from the ISY-994i.  Every time the Eisy is reset or loses power it seems to be a troubleshooting process to try to get it reconnected and back online.

I noticed the other day that Polyglot nodes weren't working. I attempted to log in to Polyglot but it was giving me a "401 unauthorized" error (despite using my admin username and password).

I attempted to reset the Eisy to see if that would fix the issue per some comments in this forum and it now appears the Eisy is not functioning.  The lights turn on but it does not come online or communicate with UD mobile or ISY portal at all and is showing "offline".  I've tried several methods in this forum for hard reset, but I can't seem to find a way to get the darn thing back online.  What gives?  I've never had so many issues with a UD product before.

Any advice to get it back online is welcome.   As an aside, the Eisy is hardwired to the router and there are no issues with my network on any other devices.

Thanks for the help everyone.  I put in a ticket.  It appears there is some issue with the Eisy and I'll need to return it for repairs.  It was connected directly via ethernet but showing offline in UD Mobile, ISY Portal and the router.  Tech support couldn't get it online after troubleshooting.

• Like 2

I too had a misserable time upgrading and dropped it at one point. When my wife wenton a trip I dropped the ISY and started over with a new USB interface. There are some things not empesized and I overlooked them. When I did the logical steps upgrading was a 10 min process and it is still going well, 5 months later. I had to restart EISY only after my UPS ran out of power on a power outage. Michel contacted me twice to check on me. I mean who does that. Your stuff will work, and work very well. 

• Like 5