Are we there yet?

ryarber

Screw the other guys!! Just get the Elk working. :D

I quite agree. The downfall for me of HomeSeer and then Mcontrol were in part because they were trying to be everything to everybody (and the fact that Mcontrol stopped working on their software). Zigbee, ZWave, UDI, Insteon (barely), X10, RS-422, etc., etc. support just meant that it worked mediocre with lots of things, instead of working really well with one thing (which is where I place the ISY-99i in regards to Insteon).

Choose one (Elk) and make it the reference. Make a kick-*** implementation and expand your API/REST interface based on that architecture and let other security systems code and interface to your product.

Hello kingwr,

You are right on and that's precisely what we are doing with ELK which is going to be our reference implementation and it will be relatively complete.

Thanks so very much.

With kind regards,

Michel

Rest assured even just getting zone status would provide 90% of what I want. I'm not going to knock partial support,

Cheers,

Dan

Screw the other guys!! Just get the Elk working. :D

I quite agree. The downfall for me of HomeSeer and then Mcontrol were in part because they were trying to be everything to everybody (and the fact that Mcontrol stopped working on their software). Zigbee, ZWave, UDI, Insteon (barely), X10, RS-422, etc., etc. support just meant that it worked mediocre with lots of things, instead of working really well with one thing (which is where I place the ISY-99i in regards to Insteon).

Choose one (Elk) and make it the reference. Make a kick-*** implementation and expand your API/REST interface based on that architecture and let other security systems code and interface to your product.

+1

An alliance with Elk will make UD stronger, but much more than that could cause you to spread yourself too thin. Let the network module do the other work and focus on compatibility with Elk to enhance automation capabilities while building on the ISY's own features (variables, two way network module, etc).

Archived