ELK Migration from ISY - eISY... Connection Errors

rchorowitz

Hi All,

Attempting to transition from ISY and the whole Node Server/PolyGlot/Plug In thing has me confounded.

I was able to get PG3x V. 3.2.17 to connect to the ELK and it loaded all the "zone nodes' except those zones that are type 16 "non-alarms".

The ELK controller screen in the UI shows the NodeServer Online = Connected & the M1EXP = Connected. although it has a red ! next to the controller and it's sub-devices.  

I am unable to find any documentation that details the difference between the configuration in Poylglot and the configuration in eISY.  The plugin configuration screen seems to enter MAC addresses in the UserID and the Base URL.  The password is blank.  I have tried many iterations to try and get to connect.  If there is some documentation about what to enter in these fields it would be helpful?

All of the 'zones' have a yellow dot, a red (smaller) and green rectangle next to them and no live status.

If I enter a IP address of the M1EXP (with or without a port 2101 or 2601), clicking re-discover throws a TCP client request failed (NS-1-ELK:401).

I have two 'active' areas defined in the panel, (areas 1 and 3... 2 is no longer being used)  It seems area 3 loads fine and area 1 is the problem.

I must be misunderstanding something.  I have unplugged, rebooted and restarted the M1 and EISY to no avail.

Would appreciate some direction,

Thanks,

Rob

Edited by rchorowitz

So it appears that the Custom Configuration Parameters for ELK in the "areas" section does not accept "," so "areas: 1,3" did not work.  When I entered "areas: 1-3" the status of the two working area's zones now have status.  The controller still has the red ! .

I also cannot see any zones above 129, (where my type 16 non-alarms live),  I attempted to add them manually using add node ----> zone node (there are two zone nodes).  The first one throws "invalid request" the second does not seem to do anything.

3 minutes ago, rchorowitz said:

So it appears that the Custom Configuration Parameters for ELK in the "areas" section does not accept "," so "areas: 1,3" did not work.  When I entered "areas: 1-3" the status of the two working area's zones now have status.  The controller still has the red ! .

That's odd that 1,3 doesn't work, that should mean 1 and 3, where 1-3 means 1 2 and 3.  I can look into that.

4 minutes ago, rchorowitz said:

I also cannot see any zones above 129, (where my type 16 non-alarms live),  I attempted to add them manually using add node ----> zone node (there are two zone nodes).  The first one throws "invalid request" the second does not seem to do anything.

The library supports 208 zones, so it should work.  A zone will be added if it is not disabled, and its area is included in the areas list.  Set the Log Level to debug, restart the node server and after it completes the startup download log package and PM it to me with the number and name of a zone you expect to be added that isn't showing up.

35 minutes ago, rchorowitz said:

I am unable to find any documentation that details the difference between the configuration in Poylglot and the configuration in eISY.  The plugin configuration screen seems to enter MAC addresses in the UserID and the Base URL.  The password is blank.  I have tried many iterations to try and get to connect.  If there is some documentation about what to enter in these fields it would be helpful?

If I enter a IP address of the M1EXP (with or without a port 2101 or 2601), clicking re-discover throws a TCP client request failed (NS-1-ELK:401).

The node server configuration page help shows the format of the host as ipaddress:port where port is 2101.  and you must specify a proper user_code which is only needed to arm/disarm the system. 

Will do... There is the Polyglot configuration page with detailed instructions, but there is also ... Plugins--->Configure--->[01] to [20]---->[01] ELK (Network)----> "Plugin Configuration"....  That is the page I think may be set up incorrectly as it has fields for Base URL, User ID, Password, etc.

Will do... There is the Polyglot configuration page with detailed instructions, but there is also ... Plugins--->Configure--->[01] to [20]---->[01] ELK (Network)----> "Plugin Configuration"....  That is the page I think may be set up incorrectly as it has fields for Base URL, User ID, Password, etc.

I see. So you should never need to do anything in the plugins configuration menu for PG3 plugins, and editing and or saving changes can break the plugin. I wish that could be disabled for PG3 plugins...

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk