Error message: Socket open failed SSDPClient, in admin console

Go to solution Solved by Geddy,

I'm on IoX v5.8.0 (2024-01-01-10:29:02).  Just upgraded to the latest software/firmware this morning by upgrading packages.

Any idea what this message means and how I debug it? 

It came up a few times before the upgrade, then went away.

By the way, I had upgraded a few days before, and then my Z-wave went completely offline.  Did not realize this until none of my Z-wave worked, including my door locks.  (I may have to change them to automatically lock by themselves. Not fun to have doors that don't lock.)  A reboot did not fix, but removing the power and putting the power back in, along with the upgrade, seems to have worked.  Not sure if this is related to the current error or not.

• Solution

@ctviggen1 are you running antivirus and/or firewall software on the computer?

Disable both, clear Java cache (checking all 3 boxes). Delete any old copies of start.jnlp (and/or admin.jnlp). Download a new IoX Launcher (start.jnlp) from UD site (click on “My ISY” on the top right). 

If doesn’t go away, but still able to find and access ISY then you can ignore it (based on old replies from @Michel Kohanim on this issue…used Google Site Search to find old posts with this issue).

https://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/32124-socket-open-failed-ssdpclient/

https://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/21736-socket-open-failed-ssdp-client/

9 hours ago, ctviggen1 said:

Where do I get the latest start.jnlp?

As I mentioned in my earlier reply:

On 1/26/2024 at 10:56 AM, Geddy said:

Download a new IoX Launcher (start.jnlp) from UD site (click on “My ISY” on the top right). 

Of course...as you said there's also a post about it in the "Current Release" area of the forums, but there is also a link to it in the wiki. It's just 100% easier for me to suggest going to UD's main site and clicking the "My ISY" link. It's not really all that intuitive, but having suggested downloading it so many time it's simple to point to that location. 

UD_site-MyISY-start_jnlp-circled.jpg

Did you get things squared away? Were you running a firewall or antivirus software on the computer in question?

Hi Geddy,

Thank you.  Were is the "My ISY"? 

I got both computers working without the error.   I thought I had already removed the applications and reinstalled, but I guess not.  Once I removed the applications and reinstalled with the latest start.jnlp, everything went back to normal.

And zwave is back to normal too.

• Like 1