Ring Mailbox

I've got an old 994.  I just installed the Ring Mailbox sensor and found that they do NOT allow the Ring chime to link to it.  The mailbox "motion" sound on the Ring app stinks.  It is so quiet; you barely hear it.  I'm looking for a way to link it somehow through my ISY and make an alarm of some sort sound when the mailbox is opened.  I've looked through what there is on the forum re: this and didn't find any work arounds. Is it possible somehow?

Edited by aLf

I have the ring mailbox connected to alexa, and alexa can then set a varaible using ISY portal when motion is detected.  Alexa plays a message and polisy sends me a text/email  or what ever you want when mail is delivered. Need a portal account for this to work.  Biggest problem is range on ring mailbox is not great. 

My range is excellent (without even having to use an external antenna that's included).  I was hoping for an easy integration, but nothing is easy.

I use the ring pg3 plugin for using the ring doorbell as a motion sensor. There are some prerequisites, and the plugin doesn't mention the mailbox specifically. 

Look at the forum pg3 ring plugin section and ask there if the mailbox is or could be supported and if you have / want the prerequisites. 

It works really well is the reason I bring it up.