RF only devices not working on new upgrade

Go to solution Solved by paulbates,

I just upgraded to Eisy, with some problems, but my switches seem to be operating correctly with the programs I have. So that is good. I have about 70 devices including quite a few RF only devices. I have a few water sensors and finally got one to go by seeming not following the Sensor install dropdown.

I'm now trying to get a 2845 open door sensor installed. The system recognizes the sensor If I put it in liking mode and add the address to the dropdown to add the sensor. If I don't put it in linking mode the software says it doesn't recognize the Insteon engine. With linking mode active the software recognizes the sensor, the battery and the heartbeat siblings but fails to set the device display correctly with the status of the switch. So it is added but does not function. 

Is there a special procedure that I need to do or something I failed to do during the upgrade.

The node status of battery operated  devices won't update in the admin console until the device sends a signal for that node, i.e. a open, close or heartbeat signal.

All battery operated devices must first be put into the linking mode before they can be added to the Eisy.  When battery operated devices are not in the linking mode they go to sleep in order to preserve battery life and therefore can't respond to a query

OK the put into linking mode explains how I got a leak and a motion sensor and the door open sensor into the admin console. 

I have the 3 sensors in front of me in my kitchen with a dozen dual mode switches within 15 feet. 

I have UD mobile active on my phone to display the status of the devices and the leak detecter shows that it is active when I place it on a wet sponge. It resets as I hit the set button, just like it should. both UD mobile and the console follow exactly.  

The motion detecter only shows active in UD mobile. The admin console shows nothing. If I stop and start the admin console while the motion is still active it still shows no state.

The open close sensor shows no activity in either UD mobile or the admin console even though I switch it. I see the lights activate but nothing populates in either mobile or admin console. I also have my switches set to blink when there is activity and when I open and close the door switch the indicators blink as expected. 

• Solution
Posted (edited)

Put one of them in linking mode, right click on it in AC and pick restore device. It's possible things got confused in the upgrade. If that works, continue on to the others that aren't workinkg

Edited by paulbates
  • Like 1

@Jack D

Make sure that only one battery operated device is in the linking mode at a time otherwise their link tables could get cross linked. If you think that may have happened then do a factory reset on the device, then a restore device.

• Like 1

Well, I could not restore the device forom eisy. There was no action when I issued the restore after starting linking. I decided to activate the 994i and see if the sensor was operating correctly and it had behavior, just like I have on the eisy. However I could restore the device on the 994i and then it worked and populated the display on the 994i/eisy. The program that the condition of the door open was also corrupted in the eisy.  I finally deleted it and created a new series and it now works. .

I did notice during the whole troubleshooting time that when the door is opened I get another light that is dimmed and on .....  flashes bright and then goes back to the dimmed state. I must have a link somewhere that is wrong. I'll have to try and figure that out also.