older devices, random lights going on

I have a system that I installed 3 years ago consisting of an ISY26, ToggleLincs v.2A, KeypadLincs v.29 + 2D, In-lineLincs v2A, and SwitchLincs v.27, and SignalLinc RFs v2.1. Communications have never been great but my basic programs and scenes have been in place for a long time and I have not had the motivation to mess with anything for a while. Recently one ToggleLinc and one In-Line Linc have begun activating randomly. Neither device is part of a scheduled program.

I manually updated the console to 2.7.15 and it shows a handful of cannot communicate errors on the above mentioned devices as well as others. I can't remember the last time I had a device list without any exclamation points.

What are my options here? I don't really want to spend money to upgrade to an ISY99 and I'd rather not burn a bunch of time trying to make this right if my devices are so outdated that it won't matter. Any suggestions?

Hello matttotaro,

Here are my recommendations:

1. Check the firmware version for your PLM (Tools | Diagnostics | PLM Status/Info) ... if anything below v63, then at the least you will need a new PLM (around $89.00)

2. If you are certain you have a good backup, please do a factory reset on the problematic devices that are accessible ... if this fixes the random issue, then all you have to do is to find "what" is turning these devices on/off. If this does not fix the problem then you have a defective switch

As long as you have no need for the following, you do not need to upgrade to 99i (nor do I think it would solve your communications issues):

1. Thermostat V2 support

2. Module such as WeatherBug, Network Module, etc.

3. IRLinc TX support (the older firmware)

4. Folders and device enable/disable support

With kind regards,

Michel

Archived