failing PLM symptoms?

11 minutes ago, Techman said:

The options you have selected are OK and wouldn't have any impact on your issue.

In your previous post you posted a screenshot of your module which shows it as a member of a scene yet you mentioned that's it's not included in a scene.  If it's still a member of that scene then you most likely have a program that's turning that scene on

Now I'm confused.  When I click on one of my few devices that are in a scene, it shows the device with the little circle icon (movie reel?) like this image.  But the image of the PS04.1 On-Off Module I posted above doesn't show that icon so doesn't that mean it isn't in a scene?  

device in scene.PNG

Sorry, you're correct. It's not in a scene, I was looking at something else.  

Try deleting and reinstalling the module. You should also update your ISY firmware and UI to 5.3.4 which includes bug fixes and may resolve you problem.

I've held off on updating the firmware because I had alot of issues going from v4x to v5, which is why I'm still on v.5.0.14.  If I want to go ahead and install 5.3.4 on my system, are there any additional notes about the upgrade other than what can be found here?  I've got both Insteon and Z-Wave devices and I think I have a series 500 of the Z-Wave controller (Z-Wave version 6.81.00).

Do I need to install v.5.0.16C or any other versions first?

The update from 5.014 to 5.3.4 shouldn't be problematic. You can update directly to 5.3.4. Be sure to closely follow the release notes, and be sure to backup both Zwave and ISY.

If your Zwave version is 6.81.00 then you have the 500 series zwave dongle, so you're good to go.