Security+ 1.0 power question

So I have my RATGDO board connected to my opener and working with Home Assistant.  I noticed that some people, me being one of them, have trouble with their wall button messing with the connection to HomeAssistant.  If I disconnect the wall button, everything works as expected.  My solution for this was to design myself a new wall controller that uses a xiao ESP32C3 controller running ESPHome that communicates to Home Assistant and performs the relevant wall button actions in Home Assistant.  The issue I have is that I have to find a way to power the new wall controller.  Is it possible to connect the red and white wires that were connected to the original wall button to a regulator that I can use to siphon the power needed to run the ESP32 controller?  I mean the wires powered the original wall button somehow, so it had to have supplied power in some fashion.  Why not reuse the wiring if I can, right.

I measured with a volt meter across the red and white wires and I see a fluctuating 20/21 volts which I assume is partially the serial data transmission on the line.  I am hoping I can just integrate a 5 volt regulator into my new wall controller and power it from that wire.

This is the controller so far.  It has the main door control buttonas well as buttons for the light and lock.  I also included a PIR sensor since my original controller had one.  The PIR on the original controler was flaky at best.  I have also included a screenshot of my ESPHome configuration.

wall_controller_assembled.png.7cfc94db8ebc5505aa0e8b90947c4a4e.pngwall_controller_2_halves.png.d85f8dc8f18ee05a399cde81ea979caa.png
image.thumb.png.00df494352b24f8cd62ebd63642158e3.png

@dbemowsk welcome to the Universal Devices forums. Around here this area is for support of a ratgdo plugin on the eisy or Polisy that are manufactured by Universal Devices. You seem to be looking for help with the system running HomeAssistant. Perhaps they have support areas that your questions would be better suited for. I'm sure some might have experience with the questions you pose, but seeing that the posts have gone unanswered for several days perhaps nobody can help with this situation.

Good luck on your attempt for support!

• Like 1