2413U PLM died... Can I temporarily install my old ISY994i and 2413s PLM while waiting for a replacement PLM?

Go to solution Solved by paulbates,

I bought the EISY and the 2413U PLM in October and it recently (March) died. Of course, this had to happen when I was away for a few months! I just returned today and I am thinking of pulling out the old ISY994i and 2413S PLM to get the system up and running again while I order and receive a new PLM. Hopefully there is some sort of warranty.

Will simply plugging in the old ISY cause any issues to my system? 

• Solution
Posted (edited)

There are a few potential trip wires

• If you can "hold your breath" till you get the new plm, I would do that and not reconnect the old isy... You have to reprogram all insteon devices (restore plm) to your old isy, and then turn around and do it again for the eisy when the new plm arrives
  • When you get the new plm, my suggestion is to restore your eisy to the last eisy back before you had plm problems, so you didn't restore bad insteon data to the new plm
Edited by paulbates
  • Like 3

All the modules in your system. Will presently have the USB PLM's six digit Insteon id in their link database's and will not respond to the six digit Insteon id of the serial PLM  and probably would not respond to commands.

Best to wait and properly change the PLM through the presently used controller.

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies. I took the advice and didn't hook up my old ISY. It turn out that this was a false alarm!

While I was away I started having issues with the system and eventually opened a support ticket to which Michel Kohanim replied. I had sent him my error log and he replied that my PLM was dead. 

When I returned on Saturday I just assumed it was dead and that I needed a new one. However, just before I clicked on the purchase of a new one I decided to go look at the existing PLM. I saw that the LED on the side of the PLM was not lit! The PLM wasn't dead after all, my problem was that the PLM was not properly plugged into the outlet! :oops:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1