UD Mobile Sorting/Filtering

This may be a feature request but I think it would be very helpful:

- Separate out scenes and devices

- Sort devices by on/off

Furthermore, I am having a big problem with the on/off status in UDM properly updating. When I start UDM, the statuses are rarely correct. I have to manually query each device that is incorrect and, even then, it only seems to correct itself some of the time.

Is there a configuration I have wrong?

1 hour ago, gadgetfreak said:

This may be a feature request but I think it would be very helpful:

- Separate out scenes and devices

- Sort devices by on/off

Sort/search is on our list, but no time frame.

1 hour ago, gadgetfreak said:

Furthermore, I am having a big problem with the on/off status in UDM properly updating. When I start UDM, the statuses are rarely correct. I have to manually query each device that is incorrect and, even then, it only seems to correct itself some of the time.

Is there a configuration I have wrong?

What is your firmware? If not the latest please update, as earlier versions had a bug causing missing status on remote connections.

I am having the same trouble. I looked at the version history and the last version according to the APP store is 1.1.62 updated 5 days ago. That is about the same time I started having this trouble. I will check the firmware version on my EISY

I am on eisy 5.8.3 and UD Mobile 1.1.73. I believe these are both the latest versions. I have a favorites page on UD mobile with scenes. The status is almost always incorrect when I start the app. Clicking on a scene icon shows the underlying devices and even those are incorrect. Sometimes, pressing Query corrects it, but often it does not. I actually just upgraded to the EISY, not just because of the UD "push" :), but also because I was hoping it would solve this issue. Sadly, it hasn't. 

What else could it be? Thanks.

UDM clears status when the user leaves the app, so if status is incorrect (not missing) at UDM startup then the issue is likely not related to UDM.  

Is status also incorrect in the admin console? Are the devices with incorrect status all Insteon? If both questions are true then it is likely a PLM issue.

Here is a perfect example. I logged into both UDM and the console, and the Media Room light (Insteon) is showing as off, but it is on. I query the device on UDM, and then both show On at the same time. So, to answer your questions, yes and yes :).

Funny, I bought the EISY hoping to solve the issue and now you say it is the PLM. Where do you recommend I purchase a new PLM from? The Insteon Store? Does serial or USB work best (I already bought the serial cable when I got the EISY)? Thanks.

It sound like a PLM issue.  This could indicate the PLM is starting to malfunction or it could be communication issues or a faulty insteon device in a scene.  If this is only happening to a small number of devices, or occurs after a scene is turned on/off it is likely the latter, if happening with all devices then likely the former.  So, troubleshooting is required but not related to UD Mobile (the subforum where this topic was posted). 

Both the serial and USB Insteon PLMs work with eisy. Being as Insteon if proprietary, I assume the best place to purchase is through insteon.

Also note that the Estimated Scene status in UDM should not be used as an indication of malfunction as Scenes do not have a Status. This is estimated by UDM and may not be the estimate the user expects do to how some device types report status, for example a battery sensor's status will remain the same if you turn a scene on or off from UDM or AC which causes UDM to calculate this status as part of the Estimated Status. https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=UD_Mobile#Scene_Estimated_Status

This is happening on scenes and devices as well, and it is not affecting just a few devices. So, I will assume it is a PLM issue and order a new one. 

As for estimated status, can I assume that UDM can then never give the status of a scene with 100% accuracy? If so, perhaps I should reconfigure my favorites to only be devices and not scenes.

Scenes have no status, there no way to determine accuracy of something that does not exist.  The estimates can be adjusted, see the link provided above.

The issue could also be line noise, so it may be a good idea to troubleshoot before replacing anything.

Two questions (and I know that I am a bit off-topic here):

1) Is there a specific test for line noise?

2) I tried searching for "How to Replace a PLM" and couldn't find anything. I have a spare Serial PLM here and would try it but I want to do it right. 

Thx.

13 hours ago, gadgetfreak said:

Here is a perfect example. I logged into both UDM and the console, and the Media Room light (Insteon) is showing as off, but it is on. I query the device on UDM, and then both show On at the same time. So, to answer your questions, yes and yes :).

This may be too simple an answer, but have you recently done a Sync?  Try going on UDM to Settings,  / Systems / I on Pol (My Lighting) / --> Yes to pop up question. Then delete all unused databases. 

I have found that a few times when I have that type of behavior, doing a sync "resets" everything and then status shows up quickly.

That would be a good solution, except that the status doesn't seem correct on the admin console either. So I think Javi may be right, and I need to consider line noise. But, I am already using filters, so I am going to try changing the PLM. The one I am using was one that was repaired through eBay when there was a shortage. I have a new one to try.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I just wanted to update people on my situation and thank everyone for their help. I replaced the serial PLM on my new EISY with a new serial PLM from the Insteon store. The one I had before was repaired through the eBay program when Insteon closed down. All statuses on UD Mobile appear to be working.

Thanks again for all of your help.

• Like 1