UD Mobile Notification count error

Go to solution Solved by Javi,

I'm using UD mobile on IOS. Recently ( been using for >6 months without issue) the notification badge on the app icon registers 100. When I open the app the count is correctly listed ( usually 0-10 notifications). When I close the app the icon badge will now correctly display the count but it eventually reverts to 100. I have tried deleting app, restarting phone and reinstalling but no joy.

for me, the count reverts back to the big number, after a new notification is received.  So I clear out notifications, get a new notification, it shows the big number on the app icon, until I go into the app itself, then it gets corrected.

FYI to anyone following. The solution came after I submitted a ticket. Everything was resolved by UD on their end.  I had previously deleted all my notifications so not sure that helps. As an additional bit of info though I recently upgraded my iPhone and now wonder if that was somehow related? Curious if anyone with this problem also did same?

Issue is caused when a mobile device is added to the user's Portal account twice within milliseconds.  I believe the cause is a  double refresh on the UDM iOS Notifications tab which races to add the Mobile Device to Portal.  If the user logged into portal then opened the notification tab in the same session (without leaving app) the double refresh may have caused the Mobile Device to be added twice.  If the user left the app, upon return then there is a single notification refresh which adds the Mobile Device to Portal, thus preventing the issue on double refresh when the user enters the Notification Tab.

The next version of of UDM for iOS will fix this race condition.  We have also made a correction to Portal to try to fix the issue for other users, although the correction may not happen until after the saved notifications have expired (If I remember it is ~3 months).

7 minutes ago, gages97 said:

I am not logged into the portal.   We shall see what happens tmrw when my weekly notification comes in.  For now I have deleted all notifications in the app.

Login must have happen at least once to receive notifications, if not Portal would not know your device's ID and could not send push notifications.   If the user opened the Notifications Tab during the same session as login it may have caused the Device ID to be added twice.