Communication Issues

Getting frustrated with trying to get my lighting to work consistently.  Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

ISY 994i/IR Pro (1110) / OpenADR(21010) / Z-Wave (21100)

UD Admin Console v5.3.0

Serial PLM

Dual Band SwitchLinc Dimmer v.45

Micro On/Off Switch Module

Micro Dimmer Switch Module (bought because On/Off wasn't avail at the time)

These items are controlled as follows

1) Dual Band Switch controls outdoor string lights plugged into outlet

2) Micro switches control 2 separate sets of low voltage lighting (each on own transformer)

I have simple programs created

1) Turn string lights and one set of low voltage lighting on from sunset to midnight (Dual Band switch should also do this same function manually)

2) Turn other set of low voltage lighting on from sunset to sunrise

The issue is the communication to the low voltage lighting using the micro switches is very intermittent. The programs work occasionally but I can manually turn individual lights (under devices) with no issues. I also have the MobiLinc Pro app and have the same success controlling individual light.

The dual band switch always work on the string lights because they're plugged directly into the outlet they're controlling. The micro switches are inconsistent.

Any ideas?

Is it more likely the low voltage lights turn on ok, but not off?

It's likely that the low voltage transformer is creating noise when it's turned on, interfering with the switch's operation. Is there a way to remove the transformer temporarily? if that's possible and test again to see if the program works.

Insteon offers some filters on their sites that you can wire in to the outlet that services the lights

Edited by paulbates

Actually it’s more likely they turn off. When troubleshooting in Admin Console I often get communication errors with micro switches. 

the transformers are required to control low voltage

I’ll look into the filters

I had low voltage lighting at my last house and had to filter every transformer to get them to work right.

I used the old x10 xpf filters, but they are big.. The insteon ones look more workable in a j box