Emporia Vue NS: Status of one Vue is blank

Hi @bpwwer, I have am running 2 Vues.  One of them is not showing the online status, it's blank, see screen shot.  The other is fine.  Both however are reporting active power values on all channels.  Occasionally this Vue(115) seems to go offline.  A restart of the NS fixes it but the status is still blank.

Log attached from the restart.

Thank you.

Screenshot 2024-07-02 203440.png

Screenshot 2024-07-02 203423.png

debug.log

The plug-in doesn't have any control over the online connection value.  It's PG3 that sets that based on the MQTT connection status between the plug-in and PG3.

The PG3 log may provide more information (like if it's sending the status and/or if IoX is accepting or rejecting it.

Posted (edited)

Thanks @bpwwer,  I looked at the PG3 log but I don't see any errors associated with the Status of the '115 Frontier' Vue.  I was looking for "ST", is that correct?  The is no reference to ST for the 155 Frontier Vue, error or otherwise.

I did find the ST entries for my other Vue (9838 Crenshaw) highlighted in blue.  I've included the log file in an excel sheet.  I highlighted in orange any errors associated with NS 003 (Vue). There is an error associated with each plug I have, but curiously the other errors are related to the 9838 Crenshaw Vue.  I highlighted in green any reference to the '115 Frontier' node.  Do you see an issue that I'm missing?

Thank you very much for your help!

Screenshot 2024-07-03 175603.png

PGX Log from boot(1).xlsx

Edited by tmorse305
update log file

PG3 is multi-threaded so the log entries aren't always linear.  The errors you highlighted seem to all be for the plug-in in slot 12.

Here's the log entries where PG3 sets the status for the plug-in in slot 3:

2024-07-03 15:15:01.246 [pg3] info: IoX Request: [Try: 1] [00:21:b9:02:60:44] :: - http://127.0.0.1:8080/rest/ns/3/nodes/n003_293227/report/status/ST/1/25

2024-07-03 15:15:01.248 [pg3] info: IoX Response: [Try: 1] [00:21:b9:02:60:44] :: [200] :: 1.71284ms - http://127.0.0.1:8080/rest/ns/3/nodes/n003_293227/report/status/ST/1/25

The first line is PG3 sending the request to IoX to set the status to 1 (on-line) and the second line is IoX reporting success.  

So if the admin console isn't displaying it as on-line, that's either and admin console problem or an IoX problem.

Thanks @bpwwer, those entries are for the Vue that is reporting correctly.  I have 2 Vues:

9838 Crenshaw is 293227

115 Frontier is 35060

I could not find an entry for 35060 ST.

I thought all of the highlighted(orange color) errors referenced n003.  Anyway it doesn't matter since there are no errors that I could see associated with 35060.

Thanks Bob for your help.

Ahh, I think I understand what's going on now.  PG3 only supports one connection status per plug-in.   So it can't really handle the case where there are multiple nodes configured for connection status.

The Vue plug-in is set up to handle the common case where there is really just one vue controller node.  While it allows you to have more, PG3 won't allow each one to have a separate (or even the same) status.  It can only use the status driver for one of those nodes, probably which ever one is last configured.

What's probably happening is:

node 293227 sends a message to PG3 saying use my ST driver for connection status

then node 35060 sends a message to PG3 saying use my ST driver for connection status, overwriting the previously assigned node ST driver.

• Like 1