isy994 being retired?

I have been busy with other projects so have not kept up with all that has been going on with regards to isy994.  I have gotten some Emails lately that indicate the isy994 is on the way out and is being replaced by the eisy.  Is this true?

@FarmerGeek yes, UD announced its "retirement" (end of support) over a year ago...

https://www.universal-devices.com/finalbye994/

More recently is an announcement of a price increase for the UD Portal to support the ISY994...

https://www.universal-devices.com/994-portal/

While the ISY994 will continue to work it's official support has ended and the increased price for the portal might not be as attractive for many. If you're competent with operating and supporting your own device then it's possible to use as long as it works for your needs. 

The eisy operates the ISY system (now IoX) just as the ISY994 does, but adds a lot of benefits with the plugins from wide range of developers. 

Thanks. Will probably start the move for two reasons. 1) I need the portal function and 2) with my luck the isy994 will up and die at the worst time.  I am in Oklahoma and on OEC. would be nice if their meters spoke openADR. Also have some solarEdge solar panels, same comment.

@FarmerGeek, @BCreekDave is correct, upgrading to the eisy was it's own learning curve, but with the Polyglot and the node servers there is a lot more you can do with the system.  I highly recommend reading through the product page.  Once you migrate to the eisy, you will need to double check every program for errors and see if any or all are 'disabled".  I had Insteon with Elk, and the Elk poly is outstanding but took a little work to set up.  

The good news to your two complaints is that there is a solar edge plug in so maybe that will help ease the transition pain.

Not wishing to ever disservice UD and the excellent products and services they provide, there are ways to connect to the ISY securely / remotely without using the portal for UDI mobile and mobilinc. I have some 994i's that are still currently subscribed to the portal but also have a backup configured that uses Wireguard VPN and works very well.