It has been some time since I got in to my ISY And need some help.

Go to solution Solved by Geddy,

Ok here is my problem, I have switched internet providers, and need to change the Ip address on my 944. 

I do not have a windows pc I am running on a raspberry pi 5 using bookworm. I still have my old ISP online as i am moving to star link. I can access my isy but when i try to install the admin console my browser just goes nuts. I have tried Chrome with does nothing I cant get in to the isy at all. Fire fox will let me in but just seems to keep loading the "start.jnlp" over and over. I did try ms edge on a friends laptop but that says that the isy is refusing the connection. I don't think I can load internet explorer on the pi. What can I do? Thank you all in advance. this has me pulling my hair out. Thanks again. Tony

• Solution

@Tony-D unsure how to run Java on rpi5, but you need some sort of java platform like what Windows users have for javaws. Perhaps the best bet since you're on rPI would be to use the direct admin.jnlp downloaded from the ISY994 rather than trying the launcher (that has been the standard for over 6 years). 

Try:  http://ip.of.the.isy/admin.jnlp   (be sure to change to put your actual IP address for your ISY994)

No browsers are necessary. It's all independent of the browser. Once you have the admin.jnlp it should log directly into the ISY994. Note: If you ever update the firmware you'll need to clear you Java cache and download the admin.jnlp again from the updated firmware. 

If you still have access to your friend's windows Laptop make sure it's on the same network as the ISY994, download the start.jnlp from the UD website (clicking on "MY ISY" on the top right). It should put the "IoX Launcher" icon on the desktop. Use that to access the admin console. Again, no special browser process is needed. It's directly Java related since all browsers dropped the Java script method used many years ago.

One thing to consider is if you set a static IP address on the device and changed routers you could have changed your DHCP table and the ISY994 might not be connecting to the new DHCP range. Since you still have your old ISP and if/when you can get into the ISY994 make sure you change it to Dynamic IP so the ISY994 will connect to the new router. You should then setup an IP reservation on the new router/gateway so the ISY994 is always at that IP. DO NOT SET STATIC ON THE DEVICE!

Review these sections of the wiki:

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/Main_Page#ISY_Launcher_cannot_find_ISY

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/Main_Page#Installing_the_Admin_Console_Icon_on_Your_Desktop

Geddy

Thank you very much.

I ended up installing windows on an old laptop and adding java. 

I was very happy when it let me in! And the system is working fine. 

I could not have gotten there with out your help and I am very grateful!.

Best regards. 

Tony

• Like 1