Scene item won't trigger program

Go to solution Solved by IndyMike,

I have a scene with an appliance module present (SM_HW_Pump).

scene.png.bd2c450ef24dd64cdd5a2324a80b837d.png

When I press keypad buttons in the scene the, scene responds appropriately turning my device on and off. I would like to start a program when the scene is turned on. If I include all of the controllers in the IF statement this will work. It appeared to me it would be easier to understand and implement if I simply used the SM_HW_Pump being switched "ON" to trigger the program but that doesn't work. The program never runs. Why does that not work when the pump is switched "ON"?

Pgm.png.3132c0303efbd985f5b03e7264ba6ae2.png

I'm also wondering why in my device list the Pump is blue while all other similar devices are red.

sms.png.1e2d57cd7f0532a165c20656b942a8ee.png

• Solution

Change your if statement from "switched on" to "status on".

The "switched on" statement is for manually activating a device on/off.  You are turning the device on using a scene.  It will not trigger the "switched on" if clause.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, salex319 said:

I'm also wondering why in my device list the Pump is blue while all other similar devices are red.

sms.png.1e2d57cd7f0532a165c20656b942a8ee.png

I apologize, I missed your second question. 

In this context, red devices can be CONTROLLERS or RESPONDERS.  Apparently your Pump device can only be a responder (output only device).  This device cannot be used to control a scene.

I actually have very few devices like this.  One example would be a 2450 IOLinc.  The relay on this device can only be a Responder..

image.png.0ce4db93f305df954a084440f3dac814.png

You can see similar examples of Controllers/Responders in your scenes (Red=controller/Blue=responder).

image.png.d17127037b45f9872cdb7dc4daead41b.png

Edited by IndyMike
  • Like 1