Error: Restarting Connection

Go to solution Solved by Javi,

Started getting an error when trying to launch UD Mobile on my iPhone 13 Pro Max ver 1.1.73.  Seems to have started after I did a iOS update to 17.6.1.  Can't get to any settings or devices before the app presents: Error, Restarting Connection.  I did manage to quickly capture a more detailed error that presented:

IMG_4522.jpeg.70b64172d34d0fda2b221af4a341bbaf.jpeg

Login to the portal is working fine.  And, UD Mobile on my iPad running the same iOS and UD Mobile versions is working fine.

Suggestions on how to resolve this error, please.

Posted (edited)

Thanks, Javi.  Can't get to the UDM Account Settings, before the screen refreshes with the Error, Restarting Connection.  And, returns to the home screen.

Edited by wrj0
more info

Yep, the 3 dots are there, and if I click on them, I can briefly see My Account.  But, before I can do anything, the screen quickly goes back to the home page and shows Error: Restarting Connection.

Posted (edited)

Thanks for investigating, Javi.  Attached is a video capture of my pressing the 3 dots on the main page, then trying to click on My Account.  The page goes back to the main page before I can complete the access to My Account.  Then the page refreshes every ~3 sec with the Restarting message.

Edited by wrj0
  • Solution

Replicated, thanks.

It looks like something changed in the recent iOS update, the app is trying to push the user to login but can not launch the view so it restarts at Home Tab. 

I don't yet have a fix and can only test on the emulator as I left my iPhone cable at home. Please try to disable WiFi and Cell network which should give you time to get to the Account Settings before refresh.  Finally re-enable the Mobile Device's network and login.

If the refresh happens before you can login, remove the Account (trash icon) from UDM on UDM's Account screen.  Then go to the Controller's settings and login when prompted.

I'll push an update as soon as I can verify a fix, but could be 24 - 48 hours before approved by Apple.

• Like 1

Thanks again!  Turned off wifi & cellular networks - that allowed access to Settings.  But, selecting Configuration - Portals, returned: "Error Not Connected to Network."  But, following your suggestion to remove the Account from Settings>Accounts, then turning wifi back on, and logging in, allowed the app to recover.  Well done on finding a fix for this - much appreciated.