IOLinc garage door up/down indication not changing

tome

I have had an IOlinc working on a garage door for many months (since Dec 09). Recently I have noticed that when the door goes down the IOLinc sensor does not indicate that it is down (and the LED stays on - this used to work fine). The IOLinc relay reliably puts the door up/down as it should but the sensor is giving a bad indication and so my programs don't do the right thing.

I think this started happening when I updated to the latest firmware 2.7.15. The settings seem to be correct from what I originally had (LED on TX, and Momentary B, etc). Could it be that the IOLinc somehow got in a confused state or is that just a red herring and I should be doing hardware tests on the magnetic switch or something?

If so, how should I reset it, or go about testing it?

Thanks,

Tome

Hi tome,

Are you saying that even the LED does is not synched with the status of your sensor?

With kind regards,

Michel

The LED stays on regardless of the up/down state of the door. Also, querying the IOLinc sensor it's state never changes from "On".

I checked the switch and it is operating properly but the IOLinc LED stays on (and it's state is On) regardless of the state of the switch..

Tome

If you disconnect the magnetic switch from the S and G terminals.

Does the LED still stay on?

If it does I would suspect the sensor input on the I/OLinc has failed.

If you have a multimeter. From S to G, with no connections, should be close to +5 Volts.

In my tests of I/OLincs. I found that <1V>1 volt made the LED Glow but not trigger the sensor input. About 800 Ohms or less from S to G triggered the input.

You may want to try a Factory Reset on the off chance the controller chip is confused and set the signal pin it uses for an input to an output.

If you disconnect the magnetic switch from the S and G terminals.

Does the LED still stay on?

If it does I would suspect the sensor input on the I/OLinc has failed.

Yes, the LED stays on regardless.

If you have a multimeter. From S to G, with no connections, should be close to +5 Volts. In my tests of I/OLincs. I found that <1>1.0 volts made the LED glow but not trigger the module. This was in an early run of them and I don't know if later ones are different.

You may want to try a Factory Reset on the off chance the controller chip is confused and set the signal pin it uses for an input to an output.

Can I just factory reset and expect everything to come back on the ISY correctly? Or do I have to remove it and re-add it and all that?

Thanks,

Tome

I don't know if it has to be removed and added back.

A factory reset will clear out all the setting in the I/OLinc so maybe a restore through ISY is all that is needed.

Factory reset didn't help. I am going to contact smarthome for replacement.

Thanks for your help!

Tome

Archived