Geofence / 2 iPhones / I/O Linc Garage Door Control kit

Go to solution Solved by Rapidway,

I have an Insteon Overhead Garage Door Kit. Magnet/IOLinc 2450 with EISY & two iPhones/UDmobile each with Geofence occupancy setup. Each iphone opens overhead door when returning home entering geofence (TRUE) separately. My problem is when both iPhones are together in one car returning home one iphone opens the door and the other iphone stops the door since the door is not closed and in motion up. Also if I leave the overhead door open, drive around the block and return home the one iPhone closes the door and doesn’t leave it open?  I can’t figure out what to do…

Thanks in advance 

Mark

A single garage door?  Without seeing your programs, I can only speak conceptually.  I assume, also, that if one of your phones enters the geofence area and the other is already home, the same thing happens and your garage door triggers, even if the door is already open?

It could be in one of a couple of places.  First, how do you define, logically and programmatically, when you house is occupied?  It sounds as if you trigger the garage door when each phone enters the geofence region and I assume you do the same when each phone exits.  You may want to consider creating a condition for occupancy (I use a variable for this) where you house is occupied when EITHER of the phones is in the geofence and unoccupied when BOTH phones are outside the geofence.  Set the variable to some number (I use 0) when occupied and another number (I use 1) when unoccupied.  I then use the variable to trigger the garage door.  Doing this only triggers once, regardless of whether one phone is already at the house when another phone enters the geofence area.

Alternatively, and possibly in addition, one could create a set of programs that would first check to see if the garage door is already closed before trying to open it rather than simply triggering the opener each time a phone enters a geofence.  

Posted (edited)

Yes one 16’ garage door.
Yes if the door is open it will close no matter what when a phone enters the area. If it’s closed it will open.
These screen shot are the only thing I have setup other then the UD mobile geofence’s on each phone.

So really I think I have 2 separate problems.
1) 2 phones enter GEO in same the same car one opens & the other stops the door that is in motion from the first one triggering it to open.
2) either phone entering GEO triggers door so if closed it opens and if open it closes and doesn’t leave door open.
We manually close the door when leaving home do no exit GEO.

IMG_2486.jpeg

IMG_2495.jpeg

Edited by Rapidway

@Rapidway the better way to share programs to the forums is to right click on the program, select "Copy to Clipboard" then post the text in your message. Make sure you use "COPY to clipboard" (not Export). It will post as plain text and easier for others to assisst.

What's the program that handles the opening/closing based on the geofence boundary crossing? You probably need to set a variable for both phones and then adjust/create a program for both. It does seem to get a little confusing. 

I've always been a strong believer that automating an entry point (like you're doing) is not very secure. With the risk of misfires or other unexpected behavior, opening an access point to my house is not something I want automated. Hopefully you don't have this issue.

Posted (edited)

My UD Mobile app's & occupancy v2.0 (Mobile Devices) handles the opening and closing other then the below (Disabled) program it requires in the UDmobile Help documents.

I do have cameras in the garage and outside to keep an eye out on a miss fire. Been doing this garage door since 2013 with my old ISY944i but never got the two phone problem going. Lot of this is to advanced for me but I try things without me knowing what I'm doing.

and just to let you know for years I used Mobilinc Pro mobilinc Connect so I'm very new to UD Mobile.

Overhead DoorStatus - [ID 000D][Parent 0013][Not Enabled]

If
        'IO Overhead Door / Garage Door' Status is not On

Then
        Set 'IO Overhead Door / Garage Door' Off

Else
        Set 'IO Overhead Door / Garage Door' On

Edited by Rapidway

I have used the Insteon 2450 along with geofencing to open my garage door for several years.  I do not have it close the door when I leave.  I do that myself from the car.  The programs below work fine for me and/or my wife coming home.  The garage door opens and the kitchen light turns on when pulling in the driveway.  I use Home Assistant to handle the geofencing and it sends a rest command to my EISY to change state variable $s.J_ArrivedHome (or $s.T_ArrivedHome) to = 1 when the geofence zone is entered.  I have another program that resets those ArrivedHome variables back to 0, 15 seconds after being triggered.

My recommendation would be to cut out the part of your program that closes the door.

ArriveOpenGarage - [ID 0020][Parent 0001]
If
        $s.J_ArrivedHome is 1
     Or 
        $s.T_ArrivedHome is 1

Then
        Set 'Kitchen Light' On
        Run Program 'Garage_Open' (If)

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Comment:
Open the garage and turn on Kitchen light whenever someone arrives.

Garage_Open - [ID 003A][Parent 0001][Not Enabled]
If
        'garage door-Sensor ON=Closed' Status is On

Then
        Set 'garage door-Relay' On

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Comment:
Trigger relay only if garage door is closed.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Solution

just to let you know below has been working good and has solved my problem. I have the UDmobile run a command to my OVERHEAD DOORSTATUS PROGRAM with my geofence....

Overhead DoorStatus - [ID 000D][Parent 0013][Not Enabled]

If
        'Overhead Door' Status is Off
    And 'Overhead Door' Status is not On

Then
        Set 'Overhead Door / Garage Door -Relay' On

Else
        Stop program 'Overhead DoorStatus'
        Set 'Garage Lights' On

• Like 1