My ISY is comatose

Bill Morrow

I was on firmware 4.9, but I wanted to use UD Mobile, as my MobiLinc was giving me license issues. So, I loaded firmware 5.34 as suggested. Everything loaded fine and the Admin console looked OK at first glance. I noticed a little while after I upgraded that some events weren't happening, but all the devices were responding to commands.

I was using UD Mobile Friday, and it was working fine, but then I started getting ISY is offline, with error 503 and error 500. I checked the Portal, and it can't see the ISY either. The only light\ on the ISY is the power light. The ISY does not show up in my router and repowering the ISY did nothing. 

I gather my next steps are a factory reset and restoring my last backup, with maybe a new SD card?

Try removing power from the ISY for about 30 seconds. If that doesn't help then remove power from the ISY and remove the SD card and clean its contacts with a soft eraser.

Also verify that the ISY power supply is supplying the correct voltage. If you have a spare supply then try swapping it.

Edited by Techman

Thanks, I had repowered it before. 

I changed the power supply, and it shows up in the router again, but not online in the Portal. I can see it in the Admin Console, but it's not showing the version #, which is never a good thing. It was still blinking Tx, Rx when I left it. I'll repower it again later to see what the lights tell me.

@Bill Morrow

Clear your java cache, check all 3 boxes, then download the current version of the IoX Launcher from here:

https://isy.universal-devices.com/start.jnlp

From the UDI Wiki:

Error light and Memory light blinking simultaneously: ISY is not able to get on the network.Please ensure:

The Network jack on the back of ISY is connected to your router

The lights on the Network jack have one steady on and the other one blinking. If not, check cable and connectivity to the router

Your router provides DHCP

There are no other devices on the network with the same IP address (IP Conflict)

If you have configured your ISY to use DHCP, then you will have to search your network for devices that might be in the same DHCP range as your router is providing

If you have configured your ISY with a static IP address, and as long as you have a good backup, you can Factory Reset your ISY and then restore a good backup (File | Restore ISY). Once prompted to change the network settings, choose No

24 minutes ago, Techman said:

@Bill Morrow

Clear your java cache, check all 3 boxes, then download the current version of the IoX Launcher from here:

https://isy.universal-devices.com/start.jnlp

Thanks, I was getting couldn't find a Java home when this first started. I've cleared the cache at least five times now. Every time I try to get into the Console, I get the can't find a Java home when I launch the Console again.

I'll replace the network cable just in case, but no one has access to the wiring closet. 

I can't ping the IP or bring it up in a browser. The tx, rx lights are flashing on the network port, but I guess it's just looking for Mama. 

3 hours ago, Bill Morrow said:

Thanks, I was getting couldn't find a Java home when this first started. I've cleared the cache at least five times now. Every time I try to get into the Console, I get the can't find a Java home when I launch the Console again

Review this portion of the wiki….might help with the Java install on your system. What computer OS do you run? If not Windows do you have access to a Windows machine? A lot less issues using a Windows system.

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/Main_Page#Cannot_find_Valid_Java_Home

Also…review this sections for the FRONT LEDs:

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/Main_Page#Front_Panel_LEDs/Lights

Is the blue light solid and super bright on the front of the device after powering on? If not real bright it could be a power supply issue. (This is also covered in the wiki)