isy to plm

fuzzersteve

Yes since the ISY99i isn't going go do much as it uses the PLM to do all the controlling of all the modules in the Insteon Network.

Can you describe not working.

Is the power LED On?

Any other symptoms.

In the diagnostics tab what does the Show PLM Info/Status indicate?

Make sure the cable between the PLM and ISY99i is firmly connected.

I have an external supply with my 2413S Dual Band PLM. 5 volts 500MA from my old ISY26 setup.

The 2412S PLM supplies a unfiltered 12 volts that is used by the ISY99i.

I'm having the same problem. When I try to link, the link window just disappears after a few seconds. No error, it just goes away.

There is no diagnostics tab, but I did find diagnostics under tools. There, it says the PLM Info/Status is "Not Connected"

I've swapped three different network cables, and the result is the same. Do I need to re-start the console or something or reboot every time I try a different cable?

This is a new PLM that I've never used before, bought it along with the ISY-99i.

Thanks for help!

-Dane

Dane;

Is the PLM a 2412S or 2413S?

Yes a complete restart is needed

If you have a 2412S when you unplug it from the wall and then plug it back in. A complete restart will happen.

With a 2413S I would disconnect both the ISY99i's external power supply and the PLM from the AC outlet. Then power the ISY99i and PLM back on.

Check the pins in the PLMs connector. There have been some with pins not making good contact. Also that the cable is firmly inserted between the PLM and the ISY99i.

Here is a link to the Full Users Manual you may find a help.

http://www.universal-devices.com/docs/i ... rguide.pdf

As you found out. Diagnostics is in the Tools Area.

Archived