Link Confusion

JoelW
Go to solution Solved by paulbates,

Had a problem with a power outage for my PLM. Restored Power and with help was able to recover everything for my EISY system.

I just noticed that for some reason, when my "random night lights" program runs, my outside deck lights turn on even though there is no mention of them in the program. I am guessing there is some kind of link issue.

I ran the Show links routine for the switch that controls the lights directly (on the left in the attached image) and then ran the Compare function (the image on the right).

Unfortunately, now I do not know how to fix whatever seems to be wrong here.

Notes:

33.d7.b7 is an 8 port switch with one button to control those lights

34.E7.8B I cannot find anywhere in my list of devices or scenes.

33.10.4F is a switch in another room but should NOT be linked to the deck lights. 

How can I fix this?

Screenshot 2024-09-22 103634.png

• Solution

Right click on Deck Lights and pick "Restore Device". Compare and test again

An additional method is to factory reset Deck Lights, that will clear all links, and then "Restore Device".

Edited by paulbates
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, JoelW said:

Unfortunately, now I do not know how to fix whatever seems to be wrong here.

Notes:

33.d7.b7 is an 8 port switch with one button to control those lights

34.E7.8B I cannot find anywhere in my list of devices or scenes.

33.10.4F is a switch in another room but should NOT be linked to the deck lights. 

How can I fix this?

The links for 33.D7.B7 are showing a mismatch, but they are probably OK.  The LSb is being set to 1 for some reason, but probably won't cause any harm.  A restore will correct this, but it's likely to return.

Device 34.E7.8B is a controller for group 00.  It's very likely your PLM.

The links for 33.10.4F look valid.   Your deck lights are listed as a responder to the 33.10.4F switch.  There should be in a scene on  the admin console showing 33.10.4F as a controller and your 34.09.80 as a responder.  

23 hours ago, paulbates said:

Right click on Deck Lights and pick "Restore Device". Compare and test again

An additional method is to factory reset Deck Lights, that will clear all links, and then "Restore Device".

Thanks for taking the time to help!!!!!

20 hours ago, IndyMike said:

The links for 33.D7.B7 are showing a mismatch, but they are probably OK.  The LSb is being set to 1 for some reason, but probably won't cause any harm.  A restore will correct this, but it's likely to return.

Device 34.E7.8B is a controller for group 00.  It's very likely your PLM.

The links for 33.10.4F look valid.   Your deck lights are listed as a responder to the 33.10.4F switch.  There should be in a scene on  the admin console showing 33.10.4F as a controller and your 34.09.80 as a responder.  

Thanks Alot. See what Paul suggested. It worked perfectly!