Notifications

DJonas

Converted over to the Eisy.  My notification email and text are gone.  I use an Exchange account, a comcast email account and xFinity for phone.  I can't figure out how to get any of it to test working.  I tried the comcast with the following settings:

smtp.comcast.net, MyUserName, MyPassword, Ports 995, 587, 465 I think.  TLS on and off.

Xfinity is not listed in the text message list.  Tried the Comcast...nothing.

Not sure what to do next.

Sounds like some info did not come across in your backup?

Do you still have your ISY? You could fire it up, open it with the admin console and see what the settings/configs were previously, screen shoot it or something and update the eisy.

If there are no other ideas here, I would submit a ticket.

30 minutes ago, DJonas said:

I have Notifications Plug-in.  I get notifications on UD Mobile.  But how do I send a message (email and/or text) from the UDI interface?  I don't see anywhere where I can select use Notifications.

You need to go into Configuration -> Emails/Notifications. Configure the email server (try it with just the default box checked first), then in Settings/groups, define a recipient group (even if it's just yourself) and then add recipient(s) to the group in the second field. Test...and save.

Then you go into Customizations to define a notification type that you'll want to send, and in the second field (content) you compose the actual email with subject and body. Save.

Finally, in your programs you can now choose "notify" as an action. You then define the two fields from the select lists. The group you defined earlier as the "to" destination, and the email you defined as "content".

@DJonas

For  Comcast SMTP you need to use port 587, and select TLS.  Try increasing your timeout to 8000

SMTP server: smtp.comcast.net

USER ID: your email address

FROM:  EISY message: your email address  (note colon before email address)

If this doesn't work then post a copy of your error log

That got me most of the way there.  Was it the time out change 1000-8000 or the FROM?  I thought the FROM was optional.

The email notification worked.  I included phone#@vtext.com and received a permanent error message in my email for that.  What works for text message?

@DJonas

Several of the cellphone carriers have been blocking email to text, most likely because that's a method the spammers use. Not sure if Verizon is one of them.

Are you able to send an email to text message from your computer's browser? If not then your cellphone provider is blocking it and there's not much you can do to rectify it.

8 hours ago, DJonas said:

I have Notifications Plug-in.  I get notifications on UD Mobile.  But how do I send a message (email and/or text) from the UDI interface?  I don't see anywhere where I can select use Notifications.

Do you have Pushover? its a great app that can link to the Notifications plug in. Then you messages come across thru the pushover app and are easily customized and managed. 

the direction are quite complex but there is a "notifications for dummies" that between the imbedded directions under configure and readme combined should get you there. 

Once set up properly, a notification "node" will show up in your device tree and is selectable in a program to send a customization, which is essentially the text of the emails that you are trying to send. 

These are my notification Services from Pushover. image.jpeg.6047925656bd96396419ffc32793628e.jpeg

This is an example program:

Wind E - [ID 0226][Parent 023F]

If
        'WeatherFlow / Outside' Wind Direction >= 79°
    And 'WeatherFlow / Outside' Wind Direction <= 101°
    And $Wind_Direction_Trigger is 1

Then
        Set 'Notification Controller / Service Pushover WIND' Send Sys Custom With Params Content 32 Notification ID (ID=32)
        $Wind_Direction_Trigger  = 0

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

The results in a weather message that comes from my "customization" section that looks like this:

image.jpeg.b30bdd9174aadc56f31be9ec71b7b293.jpeg

Resulting in a message on my phone that looks like this:image.thumb.jpeg.09418204745a469a0cc0d8d0ff7aff4d.jpeg

(and yes I need to fix my typo in weather! lol)

Once you get the Pushover set up and used to it, its works fantastic. 

• Like 1